THE COLLAPSE: A Harley Moment

Harley smiled, a bit of fear licking his spine. "I was just messing with Amnesia here."

"Amnesia?" Cade asked, he looked behind him at the tearful girl. "Is that your name?"

She wasn't sure why, but she nodded.

"We just decided to give her that name since it seems like she lost her memory." Harley said, taking a few steps back from Cade. "You know, since she's sounding a little stupid."

"I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid!" Amnesia exclaims, bursting out crying all over again.

"Yeah you are—" Harley continues.

"Shut up." Cade snaps at Harley. He looks back at Amnesia again, weirded out by her childish response. "Don't come near her again." he said, his eyes not leaving her tearful ones.

Harley smiled. "Don't you know threatening someone like this sparks temptation?"

The light started flickering, and then turns off completely. Amnesia quickly held on to Cade.

Cade looked over at the girls talking to each other. "There isn't much we could do tonight. Just take her over to your side of the room. You guys can rest there and we'll rest here." He took Amnesia's arm off of him and pointed her body toward the girls' side of the room. "Go sleep with them." He told her, his voice becoming a little softer.

The girls started kicking away rubble to make room to sleep. A dirty king-sized pillow was the only option they had, disgusted, they lay next to each other.

"Okay." She walked over to the girls and pushed herself in the middle of them. Unbothered by the pillow, she put her head on it in between theirs. To them she whispered, "I'm scared of the dark, please protect me."

The girls smiled at each other, and instinctively hugged Amnesia close.

The light starts to flick back on.

Harley lit a cigarette and Nico walked over to him to take a drag from it.

"Nico." He says as he gives Harley the cigarette back.

"Harley."

They stood there sharing a cigarette and staring at the girls laying next to each other, the same thoughts pumping through their heads.

There's a silver lining to this.

Hours passed and everyone was fast asleep, exhausted—it being already past their bedtime.

Harley's eye opened wide. He had been waiting, and he had waited long enough. He got up and quietly, he walked over to where Cade was laying down, eyes closed and arms crossed.

He pulled out his pocket knife and quietly flicked it open.

And like he's done many times before, he positioned it for Cade's throat. 

i'm in love with you, otay? 

thank you for all the love I received coming back here. I'm so excited to be writing again. I know this might weird you out, but a lot of the characters in this book are based off people I knew and situations that actually happened. Not everything obviously. 

Some stuff I put in my books I allow to be in there so that we can look at them and know better. realize that if you're in a terrible relationship where you are being hurt, to leave. To get out. To realize that being alone is a lot better than to be with someone hoping they would change. 

I promise you if they're not changing for you everyday--no, actually every minute of everyday, then they will never ever change for you. Its someone else they will change for. 

I hope that reading about these characters helps you fight for your worth thru them. I hope you find what is wrong in what they do and realize that time wasted on people like this is time you will never get back. 

While lessons learned from them are worth it, staying in a cycle is not. 

I love you and I hope I leave you with something meaningful in what I write <3