THE COLLAPSE: AMNESIA

Jayden's cry of pain finally woke Cade up. He jumped to his feet and stormed toward where Jayden was.

"Cade–Aw shit. Damn. It hurts man." Jayden's lips trembled from the pain. His breath would get caught, and he would need to exhale before he could begin to breath again.

Moments ago, he went to pick up the coffee bag. However, his hand hit against a stack of tuna cans that ended up tumbling over and hitting against the bag, making it drop under a broken glass coffee table. He laid on the ground to be able to reach for it before, but it was behind a piece of wood sticking out of the wall. He began tugging on it till it was loose enough to move, and before he knew a boulder had fallen from the corner, part of it crushing his right leg.

Cade began pulling and pushing the boulder off of Jayden, but it barely moved an inch.

"It's too heavy man. Look at the size of it. Where are the others–"

Cade, his face twisted with anger, pulled and pushed the boulder again. This time, it moved, and Jayden was able to roll away before the boulder came down again.

For a long moment, it was quiet. Jayden sat there, his back against the wall, looking at his screwed up ankle. The blood and flesh no longer the way they used to be before.

Cade, his hands on his hips, let out a scream of anger, his body shaking with more fury than Jayden had ever seen him in.

"Oh God..." Jayden wanted to vomit. The look of his leg and the pain he felt made him lightheaded. Tears began rolling down his face. "Oh God, Cade. What the hell–"

Cade closed his eyes and dropped next to him.

Jayden pursed his lips and held back from the cries that shook his body.

"Everyone stay in the big room for now. No more doing anything until we're sure of what's going on with the building stability." Cade said.

He leaned down and helped Jayden up and to the other room, then went back and got the coffee bag and a shirt off a hanger from the floor.

"I need you to look up at the ceiling." He told Jayden before he began pulling up his pants leg and revealing more of sliced off skin above his ankle. "It's not that bad." He lied, trying to comfort Jayden.

He began pouring the coffee grinds on the wound, and then ripped the shirt as close to gauze as possible and wrapped it up.

He looked at everyone in the room who stared at Jayden's leg with disgust. "I'm going to check on the building structure and see if there's anywhere else that we could stay. There's a chance if they start moving anything above us a wall here could cave in. It seems like bricks were used in the interior support of the building. Do not dig for anything, look for anything, or try to move a single thing out of its place."

Cade stood up and left the room.

Harley walked over to Her. Jayden watched him with wary eyes as he made his way and sat down with his back against the wall next to her. She sat there legs crossed looking around, her hair pulled away from her face and showing big lost eyes. 

Jayden noticed that she no longer seemed like she was carrying the world's weight on her shoulders. She looked carefree and had a little smile on her face. She looked innocent, a little scared, but innocent and carefree.

She looked over at Harley. "Where am I? What's going on?" Her voice sounded small, like it just discovered how to talk for the first time.

Harley had a stern look on his face as he looked at her, confused how she didn't seem to remember him. Did she hit her head a little too hard?