Before: Illegal Smile

In this chapter:  Aden's adoptive dad

On the second floor of the apartment building...

If you were to walk down the hall, passing all the green doors on either side of you, you would get to the very last lonley one, the one with a huge patch of chipped paint in the middle of it, revealing the dirty white undertone.

The one with the loose door knob.

The one that's cracked open.

With splats of dried blood on the white of it.

If you were to push that door open and walk through, you would smell the awful stink of an uncleaned bathroom, urine, and cheap glass cleaner hovering to cover the strong and unpleasant odor.

You would see the messy small apartment room, the living area with a dirty sectional, dirty laundry on the floor, on the table, by the kitchen. You would see the small TV where it dropped on the floor, cracked at the sides.

And then you would see a glass tank.

Housing a corral snake.

It is attacking the glass, springing its head back and attacking the clear glass again, and again, fighting for the urges it was feeling, and wanting to break free to conquer them.

What urges?

If you look closely at the chrome coffee table by the sectional, you will see Aden's stepdad laying on the floor, blood pouring out of his head.

His chest was no longer rising and falling.

In fact, it stopped doing so a half hour ago.

The snake, tempted by the smell of blood, was fighting with all her might to break her way through so she can get to her feast. How could it not when she hadn't eaten for days? Neglected, angry, and hungry, if she doesn't die from crushing her head on the glass, then she'll definitely break through and get to her meal.

To this man, who lay powerless with a tale of untold words.

This man...

If you were to survey his body with your eyes, you would see his pants down, with his pelvic area bare.

The smile would have been illegal to anyone who didn't know what really happened. 

Short Update. But believe me, it holds more than what you know. 

I wanted to make a few things clear. 

1) I've introduced 3 characters out of the eight till now. Little sister, Corrina, and Aden. I gave you a tiny glimpse of their 'before the fall' life. (Does NOT include Cassy or Aden's father, they are simply extra people in their lives for now)

2) The little sister's name is still UNKNOWN. She is not Cade, Aden, or Corrina. She is just Cassy's little sister for now. (This is to answer comments with these questions)

Beautiful cover by writingxdaises