Before: Society... Shhh

In this chapter: 'Her'(unnamed girl for now).

She walked past them.

Down the stairs of her apartment building, towards the front doors.

They stood in the hallway. The girl and the guy. They went to her school, but she couldn't remember their names.

And she always walked past them. They always stood there in the hallway. Against the wall.

Two bodies against each other. And she could never remember who's pants was down and who's was up.

It was never both, she knew that much.

She walked away, her numbness making its way through her, into her, around her. It was what made her invisible.

You're only really seen by others when you're looking.

By the door another two stood fighting. Two guys, students from her high school. She couldn't make out if they were playfully fighting or being serious.

Please don't touch me. Please don't touch me. Please don't touch me.

Cautiously, holding her breath and not letting them touch her, she walked past them.

When you walk straightforward, with a good steady speed, no one gives two fucks about you.

***

Porn is bad. There are many reasons why its bad.

Desires are driven by curiosities.

Curiosities are only entertained on a certain level for so long before they are upgraded to a new level.

So if sex was introduced in the various forms that it does in porn, wouldn't new levels of it want to be explored?

I fucking hate porn.

The guy behind her was watching it. It was loud enough that she can hear it through the good-for-nothing headphones he had on. The teacher talked about numbers, equations, formulas, and behind her, porn played non-stop.

I fucking hate school.

She wished she had the guts to bring out her headphones from her pockets and plug her ears with them.

Casey didn't know that her little sister knew what porn was. However, she did. She knew too much about porn, if anything. Her dad, ever since she could remember, would often forget the revolting stuff on TV before he went to bed, and she had accidentally played it when she didn't know better.

She sighed and tried looking closer at the teacher, but her attention was diverted to the sexual tension three seats up front and to the left from her. A guy was trying his best to convince a girl that his hand going up her skirt is not a bad idea to do in the middle of class.

Society is turning to the animal we hide in our darkest imagination.

***

Stop listening.

Her vomit pushed out of her stomach. Uncontrollably.

She can hear the curiosity of the girls outside the door, wondering who the wannabe that wanted to lose weight that bad was.

More vomit.

You don't know anything. Stop listening

Follow me on Instagram @joprbooks. I post future sneak peeks!

Amazing Cover in this chapter is by Me_For_President_