Before: Relationships Are Accidental, Sometimes.

In this chapter: 'Her' and her big sister Casey

She sat in the bathtub, the water filled halfway up. And she was scrubbing her body. The bathroom, dark as it can be with the street light casting through the window, was a mimic of her mind.

And she scrubbed. Faster. Harder.

Why? Why me? I'm already dead. I already feel dead. Isn't that enough?

Her stomach hurled again, and vomit made its way up, out of her mouth and nose into the drain of the bathtub.

She ran the shower head. And scrubbed even hard.

She held back her tears, she held back her cries. Her fears. He anger. Her hate. Her pain.

She held back and scrubbed harder, nearly skinning herself.

"I need to use the fucking bathroom. When are you coming out?" Her mom's voice rang from behind the door.

Don't you dare come in.

She took the bottle of Casey's shower gel and poured some on the loofah. Not enough. With an angry dry cry, she clumsily opened the cap and poured the entire content on it.

The only difference between a dead person and I, is that I have to die inside once more everyday.

With silent moans of pain, she straightened up on her knees and threw the loofah. It smacked the door and fell to the ground with a soft thump.

Not being able to hold her tears back anymore, she sat down in the water again, exhausted. She wrapped her arms around her legs, hugging them against her chest, and burst into tears. She pressed her mouth against her knees, so no one else could hear. So no one else can take advantage of her weaknesses.

Her heart hurt. She knew she wasn't normal. She knew that girls out there were not supposed to be feeling the way she did. Nonetheless, somehow, it never occurred to her that she can be like other girls.

She's broken beyond repair. She's broken, and pieces of her were already lost throughout her life. From the very moment she was born, she knew she'll never get any of them back.

Cassy softly knocked on the door, then opened it.

So much light spilled into the room so suddenly, that it hurt her little sister's eyes.

"Hey babe."

She looked up and stared at Cassy.

Cassy clenched her teeth. With a halfhearted smile, she said. "Mom needs to go to the hospital. I'll take her there really quick and I'll be back soon."

Her sister stared back quietly. "Again?"

Cassy looked down at her feet. "Yeah... She said its pretty bad this time."

She nodded, and pursed her lips. "Okay."

Cassy, not able to meet her gaze, turned around and began walking out of the door.

"..." Her voice was barely heard.

Cassy paused, her face caught in horror, then slowly turned around.

She had no idea. Cassy had no idea it would be the last time she'd see her.

"I love you." She breathed

Horrified, Cassy turned back around, slammed the door behind her and began walking away as fast as she could.

The water in the bathtub was almost completely drained.

Her soul with it.

Are Cade and Little Sister Protagonists? Yes they are. :)

Follow me on Instagram, @joprbooks I post sneak peeks there.

Beautiful amazing cover done by the great Me_For_President_