Before: Good Girls Reserve Pain

In this chapter: Camila and Audrick 

The room was quiet, and the family sat silently as they ate dinner at the dinning table. Every so often, Camila's mother would look up, search her daughter's eyes for answers, and then she'd look back at her plate.

She wasn't stupid, she knew her daughter was upset. To help her find out what was going on, she turned her attention to Audrick, Camila's step-brother, but he looked away in answer.

At loss, her mother looked at her husband, he looked back, cleared his throat, and then looked at Camila. "Sweetheart, is everything okay?"

Camila looked up, quickly masking a smile on her face, and nodded. "Yeah. everything is fine."

Her step-father looked at her, confused, then looked at his son, like his wife, searching for answers. Camila was definitely upset. She was usually chirpy and had a lot to say, especially during dinner time.

But his son was of no help, he ignored everything. He ignored his father, step-mother, and the fact that Camila was not acting like her usual self.

In fact, he stood up and walked to the spiral staircase, not excusing himself nor looking back at all. Instead, he went upstairs, sat by the window bench in his room, lit a joint, and began smoking.

And waited.

When he finally heard Camila's door close, he put it out and walked to her door, without knocking, he walked in and closed it behind him.

She stood in front of her TV, watching news about some rape and murder that happened behind a school building. She was hugging herself without really seeing what's happening on the screen.

"Hey."

She turned around, tears filling her eyes the moment she sees him.

"Hi."

"What happened at school today? I had an in-school detention." He said, walking closer to her.

She shook her head. "Forget it, its not going to help."

He stared into her eyes.

Audrick was a good looking senior who could have anything in life if he asked for it. Camila was so glad that she had a force of nature like him around her. But she also knew the temper he had, so she kept her lips closed.

"What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Fucking tell me right now. What the hell did he do to you?"

No use. He's going to hear it from someone else.

Camila unzipped her sweater, "I found him doing it with Gigi in the gym's bathroom, so I got angry at him, that's normal right? I told him it's over..."

Audrick searched her eyes. She's such a sweet heart. He knew how much that must have shocked her. He knew how much it would have scarred her, to see the sight of sex happening in front of her eyes. Nonetheless, from her asshole of a boyfriend.