➤ chapter 4 : self control

TRIGGER WARNING : assault, violence

TY LEE LANDS on her feet after doing some repeated back handsprings across the floor. "what do you think about that one?" she asks as she looks to azula and mai.

"maybe you should flip through a ring of fire." azula replies. "here, try that." she causes one of the chandeliers to erupt into a small flame.

"put it out, azula." miizumi says, not looking up from her chair as she files her sharp nails. azula blows out the fire.

"jeez, how sharp do you want them to be?" mai scoffs. miizumi looks at the girl.

"sharp as possible. you never know when you might be in danger." miizumi explains. "i need them to be so sharp that i can stab my enemies in the heart, then burn whatever is left of them."

"mai, i noticed you've been a little pouty lately." ty lee sits down next to mai and azula on a couch.

"it's because poor little zuzu has been banished. she can't possibly live without him." azula smirks.

"that's not true at all." mai replies. "im perfectly fine without zuko."

"so you're saying if he were to come back right now, you wouldn't be running to him with open arms?" miizumi scoffs, tossing her nail filer to azula who catches it perfectly.

"there's no need to be embarrassed, mai." ty lee smiles. "or are you worried about something else? like he'll find another girl when he's out there searching for the avatar?" she leans into mai and the girl pushes ty lee off of her.

"im not worried about anything. like i said before, i am perfectly fine." mai says firmly.

"they're not prettier than us anyways." ty lee shrugs.

"speaking of boys," azula begins and looks at miizumi. "how's kaizo?"

"funny. i almost laughed." miizumi deadpans, standing up and walking to the couch where the others sit.

"well? how is he?" mai asks.

"out of sight, out of mind." the girl rolls her eyes at the thought of the boy and squeezes in between azula and mai. "he's irrelevant to me."

"yeah, you can find someone real better." ty lee agrees.

"im hungry." mai mutters.

"so?" azula asks.

"so let's go find something to eat." mai replies.

"miizumi, i've been looking everywhere for you!" the girls look to kaizo who walks through the doors to the room they are in. miizumi clenches her jaw as her friends try not to laugh at her annoyed expression.

"what is it?" miizumi asks as she approaches kaizo, meeting him halfway between the door and the couch.

"we have to go. my father has arranged for us to have a portrait painted today." kaizo explains.