➤ chapter 17 : past lives

MIIZUMI WAKES UP as she hears rumbling coming from every side of her

MIIZUMI WAKES UP as she hears rumbling coming from every side of her. she shakes aang awake and he stirs in the sleeping spot they share on appa.

"aang!" miizumi whisper yells, climbing off the bison and she watches four fire nation soldiers on rhinos come out from the bushes.

"give up. you're completely surrounded." one of the soldiers say. miizumi gets into a fighting stance but sokka pulls her back onto appa.

"we don't have time!" sokka exclaims and they look to katara who is running to the bison but stops in her tracks.

"my scrolls!" she turns back to the tree stump where her waterbending scrolls are. the soldier in front of her plants his sword in the ground.

"my staff!" aang exclaims and flies off appa. he retrieves his staff and katara retrieves her scroll with barely having to fight and they all take off on appa.

"wait, my boomerang!" sokka yells.

"there's no time!" katara exclaims.

"oh i see, so there's time to get your scrolls and time to get your staff but no time for my boomerang?" sokka explains.

"that's correct." katara smiles.

"oh." sokka sighs and miizumi puts a comforting hand on his shoulder. the head soldier glares at appa as they ride further away and turns back to his men.

"that's the lost princess." the head soldier says.

"you're sure, sir?" one of them asks.

"positive. i saw her scar and she looks just like this picture." the man pulls out one of the wanted posters with miizumi's face on it.

"word's gonna get around soon. you know that, right?" a soldier says.

"yes, i know."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"sorry about your boomerang, sokka." aang walks up to sokka who is sitting on the ground while miizumi stands next to him.

"he's just throwing a fit, he'll be fine." miizumi sighs and sokka leans his head back to look up at her.

"no, i won't be just fine! i feel like i've lost a part of my identity." sokka groans.

"and whose fault is that for leaving their boomerang out in the open?" miizumi replies, leaning closer to his face.

"well, imagine if you lost your... everything or if aang lost his arrows or if katara lost her... hair loopies." sokka exclaims as he stands up.

"oh, you big baby." katara smiles as she hugs sokka.

"here's your produce, ponytail guy." the salesman says.

"i used to be boomerang guy." sokka sighs.

"if you want, i'll buy you another one." miizumi softly smiles as she checks through the basket with sokka. "would that make you stop complaining?"