➤ chapter 25 : family ties

MIIZUMI LOOKS UP from the ground when she smells smoke and sees blue and red fire emerging from the distance, fading into the sky

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

MIIZUMI LOOKS UP from the ground when she smells smoke and sees blue and red fire emerging from the distance, fading into the sky. she spots aang flying through the air on his glider.

"sokka, katara! look." miizumi exclaims, making the siblings look her way.

"come on, we gotta go!" the girl runs faster than the others and wastes no time in eventually making her way to the city filled with ruins.

the first thing she sees is azula cornering aang in a room engulfed in flames. katara puts a comforting hand on miizumi's shoulder as she runs past her, a way of saying she's here to help.

katara quickly grabs azula's hand with a line of water to prevent her from bending and slices through the boards that aang is trapped inside.

azula turns around and shoots a blue flame towards katara, who starts to run away. azula begins to follow her and miizumi kicks a streak of fire to azula, catching her attention.

"how nice of you to join us." azula smirks when she turns around and sees her sister.

"oh please, it's not that serious. just fighting my sister once again." miizumi rolls her eyes as the two girls walk around each other in a circle.

"and i see now you've got some friends? hope you don't end up blaming them for your mistakes this time." azula says.

"where are mai and ty lee again?" miizumi asks and azula sends a cluster of blue fire towards miizumi and the girl quickly dodges the attack.

miizumi uses her leg to kick a flame to azula and she takes a few steps back. sokka is behind her and katara and aang stand on the other sides.

azula begins to fight each of them, katara and sokka backing away as aang and miizumi take on azula. miizumi places her arms on top of each other, opening her hands as the heat courses through her veins.

a large flame emerges from her hands and she directs the fire to azula. aang pushes her into an alley with a gust of wind. the four walk azula farther into the alley and the girl falls to the ground that seemed to move under her feet.

"i thought you guys could use a little help." toph says.

"toph. you're back." miizumi softly smiles.

"thanks, toph." katara responds. azula gets up and sends two more flames to the five before running into another alley, suddenly bumping into iroh and zuko.

they all corner her into a wall and miizumi can tell she's slightly intimidated, but another part of her knows azula is too confident in herself to be afraid of anything, or anyone.

"well, look at this. enemies and traitors all working together." azula says. "i'm done. i know when i'm beaten. you got me." she holds her hands up in defeat.

"a princess surrenders with honor." she glares at her sister.

"she's lying!" miizumi exclaims as azula directs a flaming streak of blue fire towards iroh and strikes him in his chest.

he collapses to the ground and zuko and miizumi look at their uncle in horror. a cloud of smoke appears and azula is nowhere to be found. miizumi wastes no time in running to iroh and zuko.

"uncle!" miizumi exclaims, grabbing his head and leaning him against her chest.

"get away from us!" zuko turns to sokka, katara, aang and toph. sokka looks at miizumi who places her hand on iroh's neck, frantically feeling for a pulse.

"i can help." katara says.

"leave!" zuko shouts, angrily sending the rest of the city into flames. miizumi looks up at her friends, and then back at her family.

"miizumi, are you coming?" toph asks.

"i can't." miizumi replies and stands up, walking towards them. zuko grabs iroh and holds the man close to him.

"will we see you again?" toph asks.

"of course. i'm not sure when, but i'm not leaving you guys alone out here." miizumi explains.

"just so you aren't worried, he's breathing, miizumi." toph sighs, squeezing miizumi's hand before walking away. katara and aang wave to miizumi as sokka walks up to her.

"are you gonna let me go?" miizumi tiredly smiles as sokka holds her arm.

"even if i don't want to, it's not my decision. whatever you choose, i'll stand behind you the whole time." sokka explains.

"we'll be okay, won't we?" she replies and pulls him in for a hug.

"yeah, we will." he says as he presses his lips to her forehead, his voice muffled by her hair.

as miizumi watches sokka walk off, she can feel a piece of her heart leave with him.

she turns around and looks at zuko who glares at her.

"zuko, wait." miizumi says.

"just help me carry him." zuko interrupts her.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

K TALKS!

thank you so much for over 10k reads 🫶 i love you guys <33333

END.

𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧 ➤ 𝙨𝙤𝙠𝙠𝙖जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें