➤ chapter 8 : like a hostage

KATARA PUTS THE girl's hair in a ponytail to get a clear look at her face and she backs away from her, standing next to sokka and aang

KATARA PUTS THE girl's hair in a ponytail to get a clear look at her face and she backs away from her, standing next to sokka and aang. they all stand in front of the girl as she remains unconscious.

"what do we do?" aang asks.

"im not sure. but she's definitely the lost princess." katara says. she digs through her bag and pulls out the paper. "look."

sokka's eyes scan over the words as he reads them out loud.

'princess miizumi of the fire nation is to be immediately returned to her home for an amount of...'

"katara how many zeros is that?" sokka exclaims.

"ten million yuans." katara replies. sokka looks at the girl who is suddenly stirring awake. he clears his throat and the girl glares at him.

"oh. it's you." she groans as her eyes adjust to the darkness now that the sun has set.

"yes, it's me." sokka replies. "we know who you are, princess miizumi."

"don't call me princess. i ran away for a reason." miizumi scoffs.

"you ran away?" aang asks. "why?" miizumi glares at him to tell him to not ask and katara puts a comforting hand on aang's shoulder.

"what is this?" miizumi asks as she tries to move her arms and hands. "did you... you froze my hands!" she exclaims.

"katara froze your hands so you can't bend and i tied your arms up with rope." sokka explains.

"i didn't even know we had rope." katara says.

"yeah, me either. but apparently, it's the rope that zuko used to tie up aang in the northern water tribe." sokka shrugs.

"wait, zuko? where is my brother?" miizumi asks.

"ha! not here!" sokka exclaims. miizumi rolls her eyes and looks behind her to see a large, furry animal.

"i see you've met appa!" aang smiles.

"appa? what kind of name is that?" miizumi asks.

"a name for my sky bison!" he replies. miizumi heats up her palms and can feel the ice melt but sokka realizes what she's doing.

"hey, stop that." sokka says.

"stop what?" miizumi asks.

"you know what you're doing." he replies.

"so what are we gonna do? at the end of the day, ten million is ten million." katara explains.

"turn me in and you'll be running from me for the rest of your life." miizumi glares at the brunette.

"running from who? the princess that managed to get beat by a non-bender?" katara replies and sokka lets out a sound of offense. "yeah, i'm really scared."