➤ chapter 6 : runaway bride

TRIGGER WARNING : abuse, violence (very small)

"THE SUN HAS set and will rise with a new chapter of our lives." kaizo says as he glares at miizumi who is in a red wedding dress.

miizumi's servant fixes her hair and the girl keeps her gaze on the ground. "aren't you excited for this day?" kaizo asks.

when miizumi doesn't reply, kaizo turns to the girl's maid. "leave." he says. the servant quickly walks out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

"what's wrong, love?" kaizo asks.

"i don't want to marry you." miizumi whispers under her breath.

"say that louder." kaizo replies.

"i don't want to marry you!" she shouts and is returned with a sharp slap her to cheek.

"i don't care how many times i have to hurt you," he grabs her shoulder. "you will respect me. is that clear?"

miizumi just wants to crawl into a hole and die. if she had known that her life would turn out this way, she would've ran away a long time ago.

"yes." she sighs. he kisses her to which she doesn't kiss back. kaizo grabs her neck where her fresh scar is and plants a kiss on her cheek.

"you will respect me, miizumi. as soon as i put that ring on your finger, you will belong to me for the rest of your life." kaizo explains. a tear escapes from miizumi's eyes and he wipes it away.

"i'll leave my bride alone." he says. "you need to put more makeup on anyways." he lets go of her and miizumi stares daggers into him as he leaves the room. she buries her face in her hands as she convinces herself not to cry.

she falls onto the floor, her dress surrounding her body like a flower. she finds herself in front of that cursed mirror yet again and this time, she can't look away no matter how hard she tries.

how can she be the spitting image of the woman who never showed her any affection? why does she deserve to be such a reflection of such a person?

miizumi grabs her comb, throwing it towards the mirror. the mirror breaks with an ear shattering noise, and she watches the glass shards fly everywhere. she stands up, cautious whispers flying past her ears as she paces around her room.

her fist becomes swallowed in flames as she holds in her tears, her lip trembling. she doesn't want to end up the same way as ursa, but it's practically unavoidable.

SIX YEARS AGO

"mama?" miizumi calls to ursa. the woman turns around and looks at the little girl standing outside her bedroom door.

"what are you doing? why aren't you in bed?" ursa asks as she walks up to her.

"i can't sleep. i want you to tell me a story." miizumi explains.