➤ chapter 10 : newer days

"THERE IT IS!" sokka exclaims

"THERE IT IS!" sokka exclaims. miizumi and katara look and see the earth base. miizumi has never been anywhere outside the fire nation's wall, and she has seen a lot of sights since she left.

"appa, let's go!" aang says and guides appa to land in the center of the base, where a group of people wait for the four of them. miizumi climbs off appa and stretches her arms.

"im definitely not used to flying on that thing." miizumi says.

"im telling you for the last time, he's a sky bison, not a thing. and his name is appa!" aang replies as he rubs his butt.

"how are you bending like that? do you not have any bones?" katara asks and everyone looks at miizumi who is twisting her back in an almost perfect circle.

"no, but i have a friend who happens to be a circus freak." miizumi responds.

"welcome, avatar aang!" they turn around to see a man walking up them. "i am general fung." the man bows and so does the army behind him. "and welcome to all of you great heroes,"

"appa, momo, brave sokka," miizumi looks at sokka who smirks proudly and she rolls her eyes, folding her arms over her chest. "the mighty katara."

"mighty katara? i like that?" katara says. fireworks explode above them and miizumi turns to katara.

"so you guys are the real deal then?" miizumi asks.

"we usually don't get these kinds of greetings." katara replies.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"avatar aang, we were all amazed at the stories of how you single handedly wiped out an entire navy fleet at the north pole." general fung says as miizumi, sokka, aang and katara sit in his chambers.

"i can't imagine what it feels like to wield such devastating power." the general strokes his beard. "it's an awesome responsibility."

"i try not to think about it too much." aang replies.

"avatar, you're ready to face the fire lord now." general fung says. aang looks at miizumi, remembering her words.

"what? no, im not." aang exclaims.

"aang still needs to master all four elements." katara says.

"why? with the kind of power he possesses, power enough to destroy hundreds of battleships in a matter of minutes, he could defeat the fire lord now." general fung explains.

"general fung, if i am allowed to say something," miizumi begins and everyone is confused on why she asked for permission to speak.

"but the fire nation's army has better technology than the rest of the world. no offense, sir."

"the thing is, aang can only do those things when he's in the avatar state." sokka adds.

"see, it's this special state where—" aang is cut off by the general.