Chapter 8. A veteran's prowess and the ashes

author's notice:

i was gonna redo this story but decided not to, because of how much this burned me. now the ashes themselves will make an appearance after hearing the siren's defeat against an unknown being, so how will they respond to this?.

______________________________________

After he walked several hundred meters from the shore and he barely see them from where he's standing, bismarck called out to him via thought feedback.

Bismarck: (v'lex! what's the meaning of the difficulty level you just set up?!

V'lex: (bismarck. this is hardly on the same level to the ones that i had fought before, and you already know that this is a simulation.)

then bismarck is embarrassed on her outburst after knowing it is only a simulation, so he contacted odin too after he sensed her confusion on how her leader is acting.

V'lex: (she's speaking to me, odin.)

which he heard her cute yelp.

Odin: (v-v'lex!?, o-oh mein gott!... so it's true that you can actually speak directly to our mind?!)

V'lex: (yes and before i can further brief you about it. bismarck you can join me with this little training i have.)

Bismarck: (even if you don't have to say it. and also sorry for my outburst, as i had a bad experience with the mirror sea before...)

that one time bismarck was subjected to a nearly unwinnable fight within the mirror sea before, along with her sister after they got separated and trapped within the dimension before she managed to win the fight and escape barely hanging to their life, and the retreating girls brought along reenforcement just in time.

V'lex: (i shall help you with your mental trauma, we'll be with the enemy, as it is on it's way. and also, you need to ready your mind as this particular difficulty are similar to what you experienced.)

this stunned bismarck as he already knows about it, but she apologize for not telling about it.

Bismarck: "i'm sorry for not telling you v'lex, as that memory inflicted a wound to my mental state after my sister was nearly got killed, after we got trapped inside such dimension before, i never told anyone about this as it would affect their respect to me, even Friedrich der große."

odin was surprised hearing this from her leader as she always kept a serious and dedicated expression.

V'lex: "even as an AI before, we cannot express genuine emotions, but we know, our decision means we will likely to lose what we had and such thing had been accompanying us during such times."

she remembered the war of annihilation and the hardships they had suffered, sighing about those events from what she had seen from the memory keystone.

Bismarck: "good grief..."

she then teleported close to him and summons her riggings.

Bismarck: "thank you v'lex. and odin watch, as this is the new might of ironblood."

he nodded to her along with odin who desired to see the reborn leader and bismarck readied her pole, the simulation empress then summoned her siren fleet and they immediately fired at them bismarck was about to warn him because he didn't summoned his riggings but was surprised he didn't get hurt.

V'lex: "i had another protection against such attacks bismarck."

Bismarck: "showing such another shocking thing again huh."

she sighed and launched her four starfighters and they ascend at ridiculous speeds which surprised her again.

Bismarck: (jeez... the planes themselves are incredibly faster than the jet fighters that we currently have, No... their speeds are incomparable to the ones we had and im sure they are much faster than the future generations of jet fighters.)