They Do Not Exist!

Rue

We walked across the gravel road to the laboratory as we went inside to put these important samples on ice. Since my strange egg experience, I have felt sick and tired and just wanted to go to sleep.

"Rue, go home and clean yourself up! You're no good to me smelling like that!" she said as I nodded in agreement and exited the lab as I walked to my dormitory. With the sound of the crashing waves, my mind was free to wander, thinking all about being inside a house-sized egg.

I would not have believed that it had truly happened if it wasn't for Dr. Todd saying that she saw the whole thing! Exactly what she had seen, she seemed to keep that to herself. Privately inscribing her research notes into her private journal.

I walked silently down the narrow hall of my dormitory as the students around me held their noses and some even gagged, trying to keep down their breakfast. One of my classmates stops me as he looks at the caked-on reddish-orange mucus smeared all over my face.

"Dude! What the hell happened to you?" he asked as the smell was rancid, causing him to take a step back.

"You do not want to know!" I said, chuckling. I fumbled out my keys, pushing the silver key into the keyhole of my front door. "See you in class?" I asked as he nodded, holding his nose.

"Yeah, I'll see ya later, dude." he murmured, walking away from my horrid odor!

I slipped into my private dorm room and closed the door and locked it behind me. I immediately went to the shower room and undressed and tossed the soiled clothing into the clothes hamper. Every inch of my body was coated in slime as I jumped into the shower and washed my body and forced the thick fluid to drain away.

I turned off the water after ten minutes of scrubbing and saw that the grime and slime was still coating me, though thinner! So once more, I took a second shower, and then a third shower as I still smelt horrible! Just like fish at a market!

The scent of lingering embryonic fluid still insulted my nose as I sat there all alone in the living room, unable to eat as everything seemed to be flavored by my disgusting scent, including my own saliva! I took the time to grade some paperwork from my marine biology class, passing the time as my stomach growled, starving! Oddly, my appetite was now for raw seafood, which only made me feel further nauseated as I do not like my seafood raw!

For the rest of the afternoon, I did not feel well and missed all of my classes as I slept on the couch in the living room, exhausted. My whole body was chilled, and my skin was very dry, itchy and uncomfortable!

With the day stretching into the early evening, I continued to sleep and dreamt of a strange world...

~~~

I dreamt that I was under the sea, adrift, resting in suspension; just under the rolling waves. The gentle rhythm of the ocean lulled me into a deep slumber as I found it hard to keep my eyes open. With the light above and the underworld glowing like bioluminescence fireflies, it was a dreamy state that I found myself comfortably in.

With my eyes closed, I feel secure, protected from all things that wish to harm me as a new sensation then washed over me like a cold current.

Slowly opening my eyes, I looked all around and saw that a jellyfish had somehow swallowed me whole! I press against the soft membrane, but this time it would not break. The protoplasm was incredibly strong as I tasted a strange flavor in my mouth which tasted like seaweed mixed with sugar.