Princess Myra & The Search For Atlantis

Rue Amiri ~ Princess Myra Cascadia

Bowing was still very hard, while underwater!

I have much respect for those who can actually do it, making it look so easy. I just ended up bowing my head toward my sister, Sequana; watching my first coronation.

I watched everyone around me for guidance as the High Priestess then slips on the silver armor as it glitters in the blue glow of the methane lamps. Her silky hair was pulled back as it was bound with kelp while they anointed sacred oils on her face.

Her tail was polished with the same oils, and a second substance that made her scale glow, probably some type of plankton, was then applied. The priestess then slides a silver tiara through her hair as it was fastened in place.

My sister looked like a mermaid princess!

The priestess then handed her a large silver staff with a single silver hook at its tip...an Atlantean fighting spear! For in Atlantean culture, before the peace, women also could die by the blade, so it was taught early on how to defend yourself...however, those days have long passed with the unification of the Empire.

Mother then takes her silvery trident that was made of sterling silver and swims over to her beloved as she slowly touches her trident to the spear in Sequana's hands. The spear then began to glow as light ripples from the staff, down the length of her arm as silvery plates of armor formed an exo-suit over her scales.

The suit protects her vital organs; like the two hearts and frilly gills as it leaves her tail free to mobilize. Sequana looked up at her beloved mother, seeking her approval. Sister was then shown a tiny crystal by the priestess who then placed that crystal against her bare chest as the stone absorbed into her body, reforming as a pendant around her neck.

'Poor Sequana...' I pondered, looking at the scared girl '...I am glad that it is her and not me! I just want to blend into the background and have a peaceful life, under the sea.' I glanced around, wondering if there was a place where I could observe everything in privacy.

[Sequana, as it was in the early days of the Empire; mighty crystals were gathered from the fall of Lemuria and presented to the ten kingdoms of Alta.] mother addressed the crowd and her eldest daughter. She continued with the ceremony.

[Aquamarine has always been our crystal, connected and bonded to Alta's master crystal. As Queen of Cascadia, and your mother, I officially christened you as Princess Sequana Cascadia of the Cascadia Kingdom. May you rule with wisdom, purity, and kindness; gifts which have been bestowed upon you at birth.] She then places the trident against the crystal on Sequana's chest as it glows and soon cells were forced out of her body as they form a golden amulet with the royal insignia upon it. [People of Cascadia, may I present to you my eldest daughter, Princess Sequana Cascadia!]

I'd expect more bowing or cheering, but instead the mermaids began harmonizing and singing...something that I had never expected before. I glanced at the mermaids on my flanks and saw that they were singing. I did not know the words, or if I should even join them...I do not even know how or what language they are speaking in as they sang:

I do not even know how or what language they are speaking in as they sang: