I Just Do Not Belong Anywhere

Jessica

'...I just do not belong anywhere!' I trembled, standing at the podium, waiting nervously with my mother by my side.

She was in full support of my endeavors, today. I could tell by the way she beams with joy and looks proud as this moment had finally come. It had cost her dearly: her marriage and even divided the family not because of what she was about to do, but because of what had already done.

However, as they tell me, the true victim isn't her or my family; it was me.

I feel like I might vomit as I wish that I had dressed in comfortable clothing. The bra supporting my breasts seemed far too tight, my skirt seemed far too short, and my blouse was far too messy for this court!

~~~

"You are Mr. River O'Neill?" the judge asked me from his high chair, behind a study wooden desk.

"Yes, your honor." I answered, speaking in the mic.

"Please tell the court why you are here, today." he orders me, glancing at my application that lies on his desk.

"I am here for a legal name change & gender marker change, your honor."

"Before we proceed, are you changing your name to unrun the law, avoid a debt, or pressured by others to do so?" the judge asked as his black eyes glared down at me, reading my facial expressions.

"Your honor..." as I reflected on the question...

---

No one is born being transgender...they are conditioned by dysphoria brought on by an unstable social situation.

My dysphoria began with my parents, right after I was born into this world!

Mom wanted a little girl to relive for own childhood, a childhood that she was denied. And father wanted a little girl, because he did not want another man who could show him just how pitiful of a man he truly was.

Their desire for a girl had led to a series of misfortunate events that has turned me into the confused soul that I am.

For the first seven years of my life, I lived as a boy with my parents. Though, I was taught to behave as a girl. My gender had placed their once happy marriage now on rocky ground. However, it was my father's actions that had broken my family.

In a fit of rage from one bottle of alcohol, far too many, he took a knife and decided to correct what the Lord had failed to do, himself. I have tried to banish this memory from my mind; and to be discreet for the readers, I was partly castrated with her pocket knife.

The pain was so bad, then when I had awakened, I was recovering from surgery; resting in a hospital room. That day, my father's actions had nullified my gender as the damage was beyond the surgeon's expertise.

When mom had found out what he had done, she wanted to murder the man!

When I came around hours later, a social worker talked to me about what had happened and I told them everything...to the moment when I had passed out. She called CPS who then called the police and arrested my dad on account of child abuse and mutilation with a deadly weapon.

And because I bled pretty bad, attempted murder was added to his charges and he got 25 years to life. Ever since the incident, it has ruined my self-esteem as my mom decided that since I now looked feminine down there, she was tasked in providing hormones to make the rest of my body follow suit.