A Plea To Fate

Jessica

I stand, sleepy, on the rocky shore of my favorite place to escape from the horrors of the 3rd dimension, to cast my mind into the ocean and swim with the fish. I have always been connected to the sea, and now the sea was calling me back home.

I looked for life on land and found only pain, I looked for love and found only regret. My heart and soul were held captive by the ocean's call.

With the stars starting to fade high above and the first rays of light shining in the east, I look to the harbor as hundreds of Cascadian's have come to welcome me into their pod. Even a few have traveled from Atlantis to join in this rare experience...hoping that it might be a prelude to what was to come.

The cool morning breeze blows through my silvery blonde hair as the Atlantean device continues to elevate my energy so that I can make the journey.

Queen Sedna swims into the shallows to be with her daughter, this was the first time I have really looked at her and even with the fish-aspect and tail...I could see that she was gorgeous like her daughter!

Her blonde hair with its light brown highlights was tied back with kelp as her bright blue eyes sparkled like her daughters. Her gills upon her neck were covered in enchanted water so that she could be here on the surface.

For the queen, this will be the first time in well over twelve thousand years that she has touched the greenery on the Surface world. Her face, arms, chest and back were all covered in flesh, except for the areas where the skin meets the fins or the scales. Her full bosom was covered in a scaly coat of shimmering blue scales that matched the shimmering scales at her hips, down to the tip of her long muscular tail.

Even her gills were as pale blue as were her lips...contesting that all mermaids require less oxygen to breathe, as compared to humans. On her wrists were two small fins, something that was new for her as they had only developed in the last thousand years or so, a sign that she and her people were becoming more like Oceanid's.

Her long lacy caudal fin wasn't the only fin as her dorsal fin was hidden from sight, from time to time.

~~~

"Good morning, Jessica...it is nearly time." Queen Sedna says as I bow my head as I still think it is proper, considering Nercel and Othla were also bowing to her. She smiles, giggling. "There is no need to bow to me, my child! You are now a princess of Cascadia! And the wife to my beloved daughter, Myra." I just smiled, actually not certain what to say, so I said nothing.

I felt a rush of energy surge through me as I looked down at my bracelet and saw only five minutes left as the bracelet flashed to warn me that the protective shield was almost up.

I turned and looked over at River who was crying. I walked over to him, embracing him in a warm hug as we both held onto one another for a long minute. I then looked up at his charming blue eyes, gently wiping a tear away from his soft face, as no tears would now flow from my own silvery-blue eyes.

"Take care of yourself, mom. I know that one day, we will see one another again." I say as he smiles and cries as he speaks, caressing my silky-smooth face.

"I will always love you too, my daughter! No matter where or when you are! As a human of the land, or as a mermaid from Atlantis! You take care of and treat Myra like a queen, every day! And listen and do whatever Queen Sedna tells you."

She gently pushes me away as I turn back to Myra, Sedna and her two other daughters: Syreni and Sequana. I glance down at my time...two minutes were all the time that I had left. I took a deep breath, glancing over at Othla and Nercel who just lower their heads to avert their gaze.