Two World Colliding

Jessica

On the beach, I turned back to the ocean as I saw Myra watching me leave as it felt just like old times. I waved goodbye as she waved back and I ran as best as I could over the loose sand.

I have to undo the harm that I have done to my mom! I will not let her face a mental hospital...I know it was the Atlantean device that had wounded her...I was responsible!

I arrived at the resort out of breath as I went inside. The lady at the desk smiles as it was clear that they have some type of contract with the mermaids...probably for safe passage on the water and fish.

"I need to go to Copalis! Is there a way that I can charter a ride?" She looked off to a lady standing behind a 'guest' desk as she nodded her head.

"Certainly!" she walks me over to security as she looked at the young man standing at attention. "She needs a company car." she said as I was shocked. I was then handed a set of keys and figured I will have to learn how to drive...without a license or any experience.

"Might be faster if we take you." says Officer Othla, standing behind me. She was the same officer, including her partner, who had brought me here to this resort.

"Hi!?" as I was shocked to see them here.

"Good to see you again, princess!" Officer Othla smiles as I felt comfortable around them.

"Likewise!" as I gently bowed to them both "I would like to take you up on your offer! I need to go to Aberdeen to see my mother."

"Certainly!" she says as the two officers escort me out to the squad car, allowing me to sit in the back. Leaving the resort behind, they took me around Greys Harbor towards the timber industry city of Aberdeen.

"Uhm thank you so much for helping me once again!" I kindly told them both "But, I hope this isn't getting in the way of your own work."

"We are glad to help you, your highness."

"You do not have to call me that!" I grinned.

"We do!" Officer Othla protested "The solution that you drank entitles you to royalty privileges!"

"Huh!?" I muttered. "What do you mean?"

"Your scent is that of Queen Sedna's." the other officer asked.

I was stunned as I wasn't aware that not only was I becoming an Atlantean mermaid, I was also becoming a 'royal' Atlantean mermaid! Now I understand Queen Sedna's comments...my life would become entangled with the Cascadia Kingdom.

"It is a real privilege to be your escort and guardian while you are on the Surface, Princess!" the officer says as I have many questions for them.

"If you both are mermaids, then how are you in human form? And why can't Myra take a human form?" I wondered aloud.

"We are not exactly mermaids." Officer Othla says "We both loyally serve Atlantis, who serves its people. Queen Sedna had asked us to watch over you...for you seem to attract trouble...just like the prey to an angler!" she comments which wasn't far from the truth.

"I am Jessica! What are your names?" I wondered as the driver of the car replies first.

"Officer Nercel." she says as she then adds "I am an Poseidan citizen."

"Officer Othla, on land hybrid." she says as it was clear that they were not mermaids. Seems that the Cascadia Kingdom's people lack the ability to grow legs or turn back into a human after they become a mermaid.

"So Atlantean's are not mermaids?" I wondered as Nercel shakes her head.

"We look like the duine, but we need water just like you, to survive. Othla can remain on land longer as she is only a hybrid...it is a real privilege to serve you...the High Queen of Atlantis really wants the Cascadia Kingdom to return to the confederation. I hope you can one day bridge the kingdoms all back together."