Swimming

Rue

We continued to swim as I watched Sedna's tail intently, I wanted so badly to learn how to swim with my own tail. Every minute that I remained under the waves, the stronger the ocean's calling became. I knew that I was slipping away from my humanity with every mile further out to sea we swam. Just how long before I forget what the word 'human' truly means?

My glimmering eyes watched as Sedna pushed her chest up, rising in the ocean then with a snap of her hips. She then sinks back down as her body ever so slightly glided side-to-side. Her tail has its own functions as when her chest rises, it sinks with a downward thrust, and when her hips snap, the tail rises, preparing for the next downward thrust.

The whole movement was fluid as there wasn't any jerking or moments of hesitation. I, however, began to tire as the rhythm began to weaken and slow as she looked back at me.

[Glide onto my back.] she says as I climbed gently onto her soft back, looking at a silky fin that ascends from the tip of her tail, across the center of her fleshy spine and subducting just under the base of her neck.

[Okay.] I remarked.

[Now wrap your arms undermine.] she said as I did not want to...it isn't right to touch her there...but I cannot wrap my arms around her neck as that was how she was breathing. [Everything okay, daughter?]

[It...it just isn't right to touch a woman there! On her, uhm...] as I tried to explain.

[We do not share the same morals about our bodies, as the duine do. We are only a shell of our true person, within.] Sedna streamlines her arms, letting me wrap my scaly arms under her armpits, resting between her bust and convergence of her arm and chest.

[Please pardon me!] as it seemed that I still have a few human morals still inside my mind!

[Hold on tightly!] she tells me as I tighten my grip, but not wanting to hurt her. Her whole body seemed to quiver and with a snap of her tail, a blanket of air bubbles formed over her scales and then covered my own body as we flew under the waves at speeds that no sea creature should ever be able to swim.

I feel the gentle rhythm of her body rise and fall as it manipulates my own body, teaching me the proper techniques of swimming as a mermaid.

It was hard to see, with her hair fluttered in my face. So, I just rested my head on her back as the sensation was calming. I wanted to sleep as she swam, the lesson being imprinted onto my own muscles as I felt painful snaps and pops in my hips and chest as the new muscles rapidly developed.

My own long blonde-white hair felt fuller, healthier, as it brushed against my neck, tickling my gills. My skin felt even sleeker the moment after I jumped into the ocean. A glossy sheen of omega three oil now covered my whole body to ward off bacteria, parasites, and waterborne diseases.

The biggest changes were still happening in the confinement of my tail as latent muscles popped and charged with bioelectric energy. At first, my legs felt like they were locked inside a vacuum bag with everything inside the scaly coat getting compressed as the outline of my legs and knees soon conformed to the traditional serpentine shape of a mermaid's tail.

I could feel my knees knocking into each other, and then I felt the bones merging as if it was just one knee that merged with ribs forming in the void. Soon, they formed a double-jointed margin that would allow my tail to turn 180-degree. The sensation sent hot tears streaming out my eyes as they rejoined the sea.

[Hold on!] Sedna says as she springs vertical and with a flick of her lacy tail, we were surfacing at speeds of around 70, maybe 90 miles per hour as the churning waves appeared above. We exploded from the watery blanket, sailing through the sky as the stars surround us, 360.