Chapter 3

When you swung the door open and walked out, you kept your arms tight against your body. For some reason, there were more people now!
As you walked by, sinners stared at you, filled with jealousy, lust, or confusion.
"They might be mistaking me for a human." You thought to yourself.
As you were walking, you got to a street and waited to cross it. The streetlight was...barely functioning. That was a hazard. As you waited, you saw more sinners staring at you. It was awkward. Suddenly, something grabbed your right ear and tugged it.
You yelped in pain and turned around to see who did it. Behind you was some type of shark..sinner. She stared at you and then walked back to her group of friends, saying, "Those are real ears."
You quickly noticed that every person down here who had a humanoid shape had no ears..well, human looking ears. This confused you.
As you looked back at the group and other people, the staring became more serious...it freaked you out.

Desperate, you decided to just walk away and hide again. But unfortunately, there were no nearby alleys. So you quickly ran into a diner.

Bad idea.

The instant you walked in, eyes went on you. People whispered and muttered, and you sat down at a chair near the diner.
The whispering and the muttering didn't cease. As you sat at the diner, people began to get up and walk close to you, but they circled around you. They were trying to get a good look at the almost human sinner.

This...was much worse than outside. You could hear people complimenting you and questioning you.

"She's beautiful."
"How does she look so human?"
"I wonder what noises she makes?"

Excuse me, what?
One girl with red skin and red and glowing green eyes and black hair she cautiously walked up to you and stared at you.
You noticed her movements and stared back.
"H-hello." You sheepishly say, waving.
She tossed something at you, and you quickly caught it with one hand. You look at her about to ask why she would throw something, but..
Click.
She had taken a picture of you. But why?
"U-um..why did you -?" You began.
She walked off  before you could finish.  "How..odd." You thought.
A coffee was placed in front of you. "Oh, I-I'm not getting anything." You quickly sputter.
"It's on the house, cutie~." The barista smirked.  You blushed at the pet name. 
"O-Oh... thank you. " You sheepishly smile.  Complements always made you smile sheepishly. You could never take them without smiling or blushing.

You took the cup, which looked cleaner than the other cups being used,  and drunk the coffee. 
It was.. pretty good.  You gave a small smile after tasting it.  After the pain and torture you went through, this felt nice.  The warm liquid made your tender body feel good. It eased some of the pain.
"Thanks for this.  I guess I really needed it. " You smiled.

The barista blushed and smiled."No problem, miss." He smiled.
As you drank the coffee, feeling a sense of calm, overwhelming you, you didn't realize that people were taking pictures of you.
Your face, your hair, your skin. It was all beautiful to them.
Someone gently trailed their fingers down your back. That almost made you spit out the coffee. You held it in, but you arched your back and tightened your arms up, tickled by the action.
Your face twisted into a look of slight discomfort. But with the coffee in your mouth, your look of discomfort looked like something else to the people who saw your reaction.
Feeling the calm leave you instantly, you stood up, ready to leave.. after you finished the coffee.
Hey, it was free coffee, and you couldn't just throw it away. Someone worked hard on it. You couldn't just let that work go to waste.

After you finished the coffee,  you clasped your hands together. "Thank you  for the coffee, but I need to get going now." You say, heading to the door.
"..but have a good day, everyone.." You added before leaving the diner.

You shivered, feeling the same finger down your back. What was that for? That was just..freaky.  You shake off the feeling before walking around the city.
So much blood, so much destruction, so much of everything you didn't do. There are so many bars, so many strip clubs, and so many dirty hook-up places.
You tense up. Man, this place put you on edge. You walked around, still feeling all eyes on you.
Just then, a guy had fallen onto the ground in front of you, dead! You gasp and jump back. Holy cow! You look up to see the person who did it.
"You cheating pig!" She yelled.
The guy who had fallen stood up and yelled back," You incessant wh**e!"

You stared at him.
He was alive!?
Before he walked back into the building he was thrown out of, you stopped him.
"Wait! How are you alive?" You ask.
He turned to look at you, annoyed at first, but he then saw your face. His attitude changed immediately.
"Hm..oh..uh..did you just spawn in? " He asked.
"Yes, I did." You responded.
He nodded. "Ah, well, sinner down here can't be killed. Unless it's by an angelic weapon." He responded.
This confused you. Sinners can't die unless it's by..what?
"What? A-Angelic weapons." You stutter, confused.
He explained everything to you. The hierarchy, how sinners can't die, the difference between hellborne and sinners, how sinners can't leave the pride ring, and how each year..an extermination from heaven took place.
"You'll know what day it is because of that clock." He said, pointing to a large clock tower that read Days till the next extermination: 226
"Wow." You inhaled out. This was a lot to take in."Thank you so much for explaining this."
He nodded, then went back into his house with a groan.

You looked at the extermination clock one more time. A feeling of dread, fear, and sadness overwhelmed you. How..terrifying.
Tears ran down your cheek as you felt the gravity of your situation. You wiped it away and was just about to wipe it on your clothes..but you realized.
Your tears were... white and yellow?
That's weird...
They looked a little too..shiny to be normal tears. It's a little too dense and thick, too.
"Are these...?" You trailed off, looking at the tears.

You bought an apartment.
Yup.
Turns out your tears are made of liquid gold and diamonds! You didn't know how, but decided not to question it.
You were flippin rich!!!

Keep in mind it wasn't a crazy expensive apartment. It was slightly better than most down here, but it was normally priced. A better thing was that as you past homeless people getting to your apartment, you handed out leftover money to them. Yay!
You opened the door to your apartment. It was spacious and clean. The living room had really good furniture, and the kitchen, which was connected to the living room, had good color and appliances.

You squealed happily. You checked your bedroom. It had a queen sized bed and little chair, a good spacious walk-in closet, a big, long drawer with a t.v. on it.  You went into the bathroom and tested something.
The mirror trick.
You pressed your finger against all of the  mirrors in there, and luckily, all of them had a gap. You sighed in relief and began to unwind. You looked out the window of your apartment. Today was a...flippin crazy day.