Chapter 8

You stared at your hand as you laid in bed. You had stared at your hand for at least 10 minutes in shock.
Healing. It was kinda rare down here.  Most sinners who have healing powers for themselves and others are the higher ranks of sinners. Overlords... even then, most didn't have that ability. They could only regenerate at a faster rate.

You could, though.. or at least you think you can.  The duck was hellborne, so it wasn't much of a test. But it was something.

You looked at your phone and checked the time.  You had to go. You got off your bed, grabbed your purse, and ran to your job.  Luckily, the manager was a hellborne from the sloth ring. He c wasn't overly lazy, but he was laid back and slow in his movements, which was ironic considering his job.
You grabbed your bag of deliveries.  It was a while bunch of tech stuff.  Man,  who needed these? Was the person building a whole mansion?

Shaking off your curiosity,  you use your jobs app to find the location and name for your deliveries.

Once you typed in a code, which is given to every delivery item in order to find the location, you read the name and destination aloud.

Vox. Vees Tower.

Vees? What was that? Where they a group? If so, who were they?

You started up the company car and drove to the destination, ignoring the fact that you almost got into 3 accidents on the way!
People were so reckless!

Once you made it to the destination, you take in the scenery.

It was pretty. It was a luxury hotel like building.  Neon lights and palm-like trees adorned it. 

You then realized that one of the buildings was a p**n studio.. you wonder slightly, feeling uncomfortable. You could only hope that the tech is for computers and other things. Pushing the discomfort away,  you grabbed the box holding the items and made your way to the lobby.

Inside had a whole lot of people. Reporters. Why were they here?

You were to sort to peer over anyone, so you stood in a chair in the corner. At the front, you saw.. the same man from the television the night you saw the ad!

"Mr. Vox! Mr. Vox!" The reporters yelled, trying to grab his attention.

Vox.

Hold on.

As in Voxtech? Now all of the tech stuff in the box made sense.
You step down and manage to find a spot in the crowd where you could see him. 
As he had just responded to the question from a reporter, he delivered his favorite line.
"Trust us with your money. " He said, his right eye spiraling red.

Unbeknownst to you,  Vox was a hypnotist. He used this ability to sell his items.  Every person came under his sleek in those moments..
Well, almost everyone..

Except you.

As soon as he delivered that line and did his signature move,  your eyes began to hurt again, but this time, more sudden and sharp.
"Ow!" You winced, using one hand to grab your eyes and bent down.

"Ow! Gah! Jeez." You hissed.

Vox saw the whole ordeal but couldn't fully see the customer who hadn't been affected by him. 

This reaction was new to him. Everyone was under his control and felt no pain or anything. Why did you?

As he pushed the crowd away, still having them under his influence,  walking to you, his skinny assistant followed. "Sir?" He asked.  Vox didn't answer.

You stood up straight, rubbing your eyes before removing your hand.  As your vision focused,  you saw him right infront of you!
You jump slightly.
"Oh, h-hello. I came to d-drop off a delivery for you, sir." You held to box out to him.

Vox stared at you.
"How.. how did a human get down here?" He asked.
"Oh,  I'm not a human.  I just look like one, sir." You replied.

Really?! How does that happen? A sinner looking like a human.
A pretty one at that..

He eyed you up and down, lmaking you slightly uncomfortable.  After a bit, he spoke,"How lucky are you." He shifted his position. "Grab that." He ordered. His assistant quickly grabbed the box from you and left to go put it down.

"So,  are you new here?" He asked.
"I'd say I'm pretty recent.  A few months ago. " You reply.

A few months ago.. perfect.

"Hmm... you know.. you could work for me." He says.
"I.. can? Um.. well.. I'm not a tech person... I don't think I'd do a -"
He cut you off.
"You could learn.." He interrupted. He waved his hand and a contract appeared.
You looked at it surprised and confused.
He noticed your look and smirked.
"Never heard of making deals down here?"He asked.
You shook your head."What for?"

"Your soul." He responded.
Your eyes widen a bit.   Soul?

"Deals down here can be for anything. If you give your soul for someone to do a bidding for you, you are owned by them." He explained.

You started to dislike his words more and more.
He could tell he was losing you.

"Calm down, everyone does this. Some overlords are nice and the people they own don't even care that they're owned." He assures.

That didn't help whatsoever.
You look at him, then bit your lip, seeming uninterested.

"People sell their souls to get what they want in return. People have to fulfill their end of the bargain, no matter the side. You'd be getting what you want guaranteed." He added.

That sounded...enticing, but still... no.
You rubbed your arm acting like you were thinking. He wrapped his arm around your back and held your side, leading you out to the parking lot.
With his free hand, he handed you a card
"If you ever change your mind." He said, smiling.
You took it and he headed back inside.

Man.. this was weird. He never treated anyone like that.
But seeing her look about being owned..he began to imagine what it would be like. Having you at his beck and call..
He would never misuse you, but would make sure you knew that you belonged to him. He wasn't like Val... oh right.
If he did get her soul, he would need to make sure Val or Velvette don't try to use her.
He didn't want them to break his new..

Doll.