Chapter 4

Night dawned on as the shape in the sky dulled. You knew that meant the area was gonna be loud and crazy. You closed the blinds and made sure your front door was locked. You flop on the bed. You.. were bored. You had tried watching t.v. but most of it just had sexual things playing. When they didn't, they had the most random shows playing. None of it made sense.

You could...get a phone. You have seen other people have them. But from where?
Just then, an ad came on.

Wanna make spying on your friends wife easier?

What?!
On the screen, there were two people posing as a creep in the window and the wife of the "friend."
What the heck kinda commercial was this? Disgusted, you reached for the remote to change it, but then...

"Buy our voxtech. We sell phones, laptops, and computers.

The ad had helped you?

Voxtech.

"Hmm..." You hum. But before the ad closed, a man walked in front. He had a t.v. for a head. The eyes and mouth of the t.v. were a glowing cyan blue and black. He wore a striped dark blue and light tailcoat. He had a red and black vest underneath it with a white collar and a red bowtie.

"Trust us with your money." He said, getting close to the t.v. so we could see his  spiraling red left eye.

You immediately felt weird. Your eyes began to hurt, and you looked away. That commercial was super weird.
But...it did give you an idea on where to go. 
But..where were the nearest stores selling Voxtech?

You grabbed your apartment keys and pepper spray, which you bought before buying the apartment, and left to find this store called selling Voxtech.
You trudged down the street, seeing more people, more heinous acts, and more reckless decisions being performed. Man, nighttime made the worst side of people come out down here, huh?

After a few blocks, you notice an electronic store..selling Voxtech! You walk in.
"Hello..what are you looking for?" A greeter asked. He then looked at you.
You were still in the clothes you "bought" from the deserted store, but you had a nervous stance. You weren't the best with decision-making. It made you nervous. The stance made you adorable to him.
Eyes began to fall on you again, and pictures began to get taken. You sighed.
"Um...what would you recommend?" You ask. He smiled before placing a hand on your back and leading you to an area of phones and Ipads.
"These are our newest ones. They have tons of storage, perfect camera quality.." He explained.
"I'll take these two." You say, pointing at a phone and an iPad. You were trying to sound happy despite the constant picture taking. It was annoying. But you wouldn't let your annoyance show to an employee who's just trying to help you.
"Ah, yes ma'am, and..I apologize for the rudeness of our customers." He said, looking at the people who were staring and taking pictures.
You smiled, feeling happy that someone had the respect to apologize. "Thank you." You whispered. He placed your electronics in a bag, and you paid for them.
You left and immediately darted for your apartment, making sure you weren't being followed.
When you got to your apartment, you locked the door and went into your room to get the phone, and iPad started up. T.V. played in the background as you began to set up your electronics. The sign in questions were questionable. Then again, look where you were. Hell.

After you got them both to work, you began to download games and some social media apps like Sinstagram.
Wow...
You downloaded drawing games, too. You were okay but not the best at drawing. You could draw people and some backgrounds. After all of it was set up, you scrolled through Sinstagram. But quickly stopped. Man, this was just a more explicit version of Instagram!
You groaned, now having a lot of pictures embedded into your head, set the phone down.
Is this what it was going to be like?
You stared at the wall as you laid on your bed until your phone buzzed. A notification from Sinstagram. Out of habit, you grabbed and looked.
You expected a very explicit sight, but..
You then gasped.
It was a photo..of you!From the diner!

The picture the girl took had blown up ever since she posted it!
People commented saying:
"Who is she?"
"She's pretty."
"Who is that sweet thing?"

Oh no! Oh no, oh no! Shoot! Shoot! You frantically sat up.
"Oh gosh! Oh no!" You whined. You grabbed a pillow and smushed it on your face.
Muffled, you say," I knew I should have grabbed a face mask or something."

This wasn't good. You didn't mean to attract unwanted attention."M-Maybe this'll pass over. They aren't used to seeing a human looking sinner so...m-maybe this won't last.

You looked at the likes on the picture.
1,000.
Dang it.