Chapter 6

You woke up to the sound of cars crashing, rain falling, and the t.v. news on. As you sat up and scratched your head, you heard the news reporter say that acid rain would fall all day and that sinners should bring umbrellas.
Acid rain? Wow..
Good thing you bought an umbrella when you bought the apartment. You got out of bed and looked out the window. Rain fell hard, and you watched as some sinners who didn't have umbrellas get hurt. You winced.
You were about to leave when..you saw a small family in an alley across the apartment. They were scared and holding each other. Two of the five people..weren't moving.
You got scared by this.. you grabbed the umbrella and your keys, slid on your Converse, and left the apartment (in your pj's, which were shorts and a t-shirt) to the family in the alley.

Once you got there, a look of sadness dawned on you. Three girls huddled together, shivering. The parents seemed.. dead. Hellborne were practically humans down here.

You look at the three girls, umbrella protecting you, with a look of sadness. You bend your knees down to their height.
"I'm sorry about..them." You whispered, giving them a sympathetic look.
They stared at you.
"I know that.. sinners and hellborne don't get.. along much, and I wanna help you.." You trail off.
You held out your hands to them. "But.. only if you want me to." You added.

They stare at you, then each other, then back at you. Your sympathetic gaze never faltered. They could sense that. With a shaky hand, the older one grabbed your hand, and you helped her up, as she held her two siblings.

Before you went to your apartment, you stopped by the store and picked up a few things.

Afterward, you lead them to your apartment, and they walk in.
"Welcome, I would kindly recommend not to sit down on the couch just yet. I will run a shower for you all." You say.
The girls were about to sit down on the ground, but you motioned them to follow you. The apartment had a guest bedroom and shower. You started up the guest bath and a shower( since it had both a shower and bath)."Choose whatever you wish." You say,"There is body wash, shampoo, and conditioner in there. If you need any help, feel free to ask me." You say. They nodded. "I'll go get you some towels." You added.
As the girls began to wash up, you looked around for any towels in the closets. Luckily, you found some. You knocked on the bathroom door, covered your eyes, and walked in. "Here are the towels." You say.
You set the towels over the shower and near the bath, so when they were done, they could grab them.

You walked out."Now, I'm gonna order food in. I hope they like the food I pick." You muttered.

The girls sat at the table and ate the pizza with happy faces. It made you smile. The oldest one, which looked to be fifteen, finished first, and she helped the youngest, which seemed to be a toddler, eat. The other young one ate her food, dozing off each time she shut her eyes.
You smile." Tired?" You ask her. She rubbed her eyes, nodding. "C'mon, let's get to bed." You say, placing a hand on her back. She hopped off the chair, and you led her to her room. You had grabbed some toothbrushes and toothpaste when you helped them settle in this afternoon. She grabbed one and began to brush her teeth. After she brushed her teeth, she leaped onto the bed, got under the covers, and laid down. She had left the lamp on, and you left the door slightly open.
You watched the older one as she fed the younger one. You could tell she was exhausted, ready to pass out any minute.
"Hey, why don't you go get ready for bed?" You ask. She looked at you."I promise, I won't do anything to this little one here. If I double cross you...you can stab me with that knife." You say, pointing to the sharpest knife in the kitchen.
That seemed to do the trick. She slowly let her guard down as she handed you the toddler as she wobbled over to brush her teeth in the guest bathroom.
"Careful, please." You say. You broke up the pizza into small pieces so that the toddler could chew them, which made sauce get onto your fingers. After you broke the pizza up, you washed your hands and went to check on the older sister. She was passed out in the bed, snuggling the middle child. You smiled and looked back at the toddler. She, however, looked like she was gonna cry. You couldn't have that. Her sisters were exhausted. They needed rest.

You picked up the toddler and held her. Humming and singing a lullaby.
The lullaby was from your parents.

Your... real ones. You couldn't remember their faces, but you could remember their voices. You spun around and circled your hands around the toddlers back. She calmed down immediately. As you neared the end of the lullaby, a memory flashed in your head.

A woman eyes were all you could see. Her eyes were blue.. It's such a pretty blue. They held so much kindness and beauty in them. They stared at you with happiness and comfort.

You snapped back, realizing the toddler was asleep. You smiled softly as you sat down on the couch and laid down. Today was a good day. You helped out three people. That was good. It's better to help people. No matter where you were. As you hummed the lullaby again, feeling drowsiness come over you. You began to wonder... how did you get here, and why? What did you do? You died, saving your friends from a shooter.

You remembered the voices from when you first spawned in. Were they.. right? This was the end.. was there a purpose anymore.

No. They weren't. There is always a purpose. Even now. Looked how much happier you made three kids. You were  a higher rank than them, and yet you cared for them, shopped for them, cleaned them, fed them. You weren't like the others, no.

Because to you, you weren't better than anyone. You're here in the same place with all the sinners, even though you didn't commit the same amount of acts. You couldn't be called better because you were the exact same. How could you call yourself better?

With one final look to your window as the shape in the sky dulled. You sighed softly and carefully. You caressed the toddler as she held your clothes tightly. You knew you couldn't keep them. They weren't yours. It's not fair to keep them if they have other family. You sighed, knowing they'd be gone by the morning. The older one had told you that they were leaving to find their other family. It broke your heart, but you knew it was for the best. You shut your eyes, letting sleep overtake you.

Empty. That was your hand. The morning had come, and the rain hadn't let up. You sighed, feeling lonely. As you drank your coffee, looking out the window. You remembered the note they left.

Dear Ms. Y/N, we are grateful that you took care of us.  You have a good heart. Be careful down here.  Many will use this to their advantage. Please be careful. We are going to be fine. We took the food you packed us last night. We are heading to the lust ring. Thank you again.

The imp sisters.

Good luck, you three.