Chapter 11

You open your eyes. You had.. fallen asleep.
You peek out from your hiding spot. Buildings were destroyed, and people were dead in the streets.
Angelic weapons impaled the dead sinners.
The angel, Lute, was nowhere to be seen. Maybe she was gone...
You pulled out your phone from your cardigan pocket and looked at the time.
Man, it was late.

As you crawled out of your hiding space,  the only thing you thought of was... your home.  Was it fine?

You.. walked home. You had no rush.. you could use the peaceful time to call down...

Unfortunately, life isn't fair for everyone.
Your home... destroyed. Collapsed, broken, pile of... nothing...
You stare at your home... how were angels so... ruthless?

You stared at your home.. when an image of the imp sisters came into your mind.

"You know what.. I may have lost my home.. but.. if imps can survive this... so can I." You say aloud.

"At least I'm not dead.. I can start over.. I just need...." You trailed off. Your work.. your employer!!!
You rush over to your work, hoping everyone there is fine.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe...

Maybe.?

The building destroyed.. all of the employees.. dead. Your employer is dead.. even though he was hellborne.. they didn't care. I bet some angels killed a few hellborne despite the pardon.. we just never know... huh..

H-how... could you go on... it was hard to find a job that wasn't selling drugs or your body or.. a lot of things.

How would you live... people would get suspicious if they knew you didn't work... and soon they could figure out your tears of diamonds and gold..

"Who could.. who could I call.  I don't have anyone.. I'm alone down here, I-"

Vox.

You had his card... he gave it to you.

But you left your phone in your home... it's okay, you could find it.

You began to search the broken building until you found your purse. You opened your wallet and pulled out the card.

You felt off.. should you call him?
You didn't.. have much of a choice.

You dialed the number slowly, and once it rang, your stomach buzzed with nervousness.

"Who is this?" This was a new voice... huh.   Who was this?

"H-hello is..um Vox there?" You ask.

Why do you need him?" The voice asked. It sounded like a girl with a heavy british accent.  "I-I met him some days ago,  he gave his card and -"
"Hold on, are you - hey give me back the phone ya cheap-"
"Why, hello there, baby~" This was a new voice. You shivered at the tone.. it was so...

Flirty.

"Uh.. h-hello?" You responded, confused. Who was that?
"..may I speak to.. um.. Vox?"
"Hm..Vox..why not speak to -"

Just then, the phone seemed to be thrown around.

What was happening?

"Ah, Ms. Y/N... wonderful to hear from you." It was Vox.
"Ah, hello, Mr. Vox." I say, smiling sheepishly.
"I take it that you are here to change your mind?" Vox asked.

Vox smirked as his 2 friends looked at him, smugly, as they could hear your voice through his phone.

You took a breath...
"I... I-
Immediately, something hit you in the stomach. You scream, and your phone dropped out of your hand and shattered against the ground!

The Vees, now concerned about what happened, began to look at each other.
"Y/N, are you alright?" Vox asked.

As you held your stomach, you looked at what hit you. Nothing...
What?

"Y/N?"
Vox asked.
He was slightly worried.. which was weird for him.

"Um...i...can you... me.. i-"

The phone cut out. It was done for...
DANG IT! Why?! Just when I needed help!

You groan. You had no idea how to get to the Vees headquarters from your house.

You looked down at the ground.
What now?