Chapter 7

A few months passed, and you managed to get a job that didn't involve selling your body or doing drugs. Yay! It was a delivery person for a lot of things. Flowers, food, and decorations for all sinners. It was basically catering.

You walked along the street carrying groceries to your delivery spot. You looked at the extermination clock, and it read 100 days left. You started walking again, wondering how you would survive the upcoming extermination.
"How does the extermination go?" You thought," Do they pick and choose, or they just attack anyone?"

As you walked down the street, carrying your groceries, a group of sinners jogged up to you. Squealing, one said.
"Can we take a photo with you? You're going viral down here." She asked.
You, being a people pleaser, allowed this and posed with them for the picture.
When they got the picture, they ran away.

You sighed. You hated that you couldn't say no to people when you wanted to.

You walled to the destination and saw a sign that made your heart drop.

Cannibal Town

Ohhhh dear.
You needed to get the delivery done, but.. cannibals.
You groan, trudging into the town.

Every person in cannibal town had black eyes and sharp teeth. They all had grey or white skin and dressed like the 1800-1900s. But also.. people attacked others, eating them on the ground! Everywhere.. you constantly had to jump back or shift out the way. You could have sworn you cut your arm somewhere after jumping back to avoid hitting someone.
Worst of all, they stared at you as if you were the most delicious thing ever. They sized you up and licked their lips.. it was scary.

Finally, you made it to the destination. A place called Rosie's. It seemed to be.. another store?
A huge line that continued outside the door stood in front of you.
"Excuse me, sorry, I have to deliver this." You say, walking past people in the line.
Once you got upfront, you could see a woman sitting in a chair talking with the people in line. She had white hair and wore a dark red and black hat with a feather in it. She had the same skin and eyes as the other cannibals and wore a dark red and black dress, 1900s theme. As soon as she saw you, a huge smile appeared on her face, and she stood up from the chair she was sitting in.
"Ah, what a wonder!" She exclaimed.

A human? A human-like sinner. Down here?

You smiled awkwardly.
"You ordered these flowers and food?" You ask, lifting up the bags.
"Yes, I did. Just set them on that counter over there." She pointed to a counter that was on the other side of the room.
"Okay." You reply. You walked over and set them down.
A man appeared behind you, smiling a wide toothy smile.
When you turned around, you jumped slightly, smiled back sheepishly, and quickly walked over to the lady who ordered.
"Ah, don't worry, dear." She said," We may be cannibals, but we have class."
You nodded, smiling slightly.
"You know.. I'm surprised to see such a human looking sinner down here."She said.
"Oh.. yeah. I get that a lot, Ms..." You trailed off.
"Just call me Rosie." She finished," It's quite exhilarating to see such a... hungry sight. It's been a while since we have seen humans." She said.
You nodded." Uh-huh."

You were about to head out when you winced.
"Something the matter?" Rosie asked.
You felt your arm and felt a liquid. You examined your arm and noticed it was bleeding! You knew you had cut yourself from before.
"Ah dear, don't leave with that. Let me help.  It also sends a bad message about us cannibals." Rosie suggested. She walked away and walked over to her store's checkout area.
We were a good length away from her customers, and no one could see much.
A thought crossed Rosie's mind, but she dusted it away.

You knew something was up. "You alright, Rosie?" You ask.
"I'm fine, dear. It's just that...your blood smells so delicious." She said.

You looked at the blood from your arm. You had an idea to.. let her taste it. She seemed nice, and she didn't attack you. She also seemed to have a lot of influence over the other cannibals living here... maybe if you did this, she could keep you safe every time she traveled here.
After all.. she was an overlord, and this was her territory.

"I-If you want.. you could try a bit." You stutter.
She looked at you, surprised. No one just offered up their blood for free down here.
"I don't mind." You added.

She stared at you before smiling. "Aren't you just the sweetest thing. Could eat you up." She gushed. She placed her hand on the cut, allowing some blood to coat her fingers.  She then licked it daintily.
"I was right. You have such delicious blood. So sweet and rich." She smiled. You smiled, sheepishly.

She finished patching you up and were soon on your way and out of cannibal town. Luckily, that was your last delivery. Now you could chill out.
As you walked home, you noticed a park with a pond. Seeing as you had time to waste, you walked to the pond watching the hellborne ducks and geese swim across the water.

You say down on the edge, taking in the calm moment when someone threw a large rock in the pond, hitting a baby duck! You gasp, watching it unfold. The baby ducks wing was injured, and you watched as how it struggled to keep up with its siblings and parents.

Slowly and cautiously, you walk into the pond waters to the baby who was now left behind. It squeaked for its mother desperately. You slowly pick it up, cupping your hands together. It squealed, terrified.
"Calm down, calm down." You cooed," I'm not gonna hurt you."
You walked out of the pond and slowly dropped to your knees. "I'm sorry you were hurt." You whispered.
The duck wagged its tail, shaking off some mud.
You place the duck to your chest, hugging it gently.

In your head, you thought about the duck healing and reuniting with its family. The thought made you smile.
"Don't worry. I got you." You said,closing your eyes.

Unbeknownst to you, a glowing lavender purple light shone from your hands! It wasn't enough to draw attention from any nearby people. But when you opened your eyes and pulled your hands away from your chest, you noticed it. You let out a small gasp, opening your hands.

A white vine-shaped light was wrapped around the ducks wing!
Where was this power coming from?!

The light ceased, and you sat there, shocked to see the ducks leg.. healed!?

"H-how..." You stutter," D-did I do this?"
You place the duck down, slowly, and the baby begins to run and waddle around as if it had no previous injury!

D-did.. you just heal the baby duck?
H-how!?

As the duck waddled in the direction where its family headed, you looked at your hands.
Where did this power come from?
Sure, sinners had powers. But didn't that depend on the number of sins they committed?
You looked from your hands to the hill you spawned on. It was far in the distance, away from the city. It was like a looming shadow from where you sat.
As you stared at the hill, a question appeared in your head.

"Was this power connected to your rebellion against temptation?"