Chapter 10

You stare at the sky.

Today was extermination day..
Your first one.. how was this gonna go?
You watched as a tall building fell from heaven and crashed into the ground. The exorcists hadn't come yet.

A thought crossed your mind." Maybe I could hide in the heavenly building till the extermination ends."

Quickly, you ran from your apartment to the building. Just in time,too. As soon as you grabbed the handles and opened the door, the angels flew in!
You shut the door quickly and quietly.
You sat by the door, feeling a rush of anxiety.
Let's hope you make it out alive..

You sat there for a bit, breathing slow and quiet breaths.

You were wearing a white spaghetti strapped, half a heart-shaped top silk dress with a sheer butterfly-like sweater.( It was like one of those cute and iconic sleepwear those actresses wear.
The sweater is basically like shinobu kocho's haori.)

You regain composure, and you begin to slowly look around. Everything was clean and adorned in gold. It was very beautiful..

You come across an open room with lights out. It was completely dark in there. You walk in and look into the darkness, wondering why it was so dark.

"Wassup." The lights turned on immediately!
You jump and place a hand over your chest, breathing heavily. Whoever was there just scared the living heck out of you.
When you jumped, you bumped into a nearby drawer, shaking the items on it.
You turned around, scared.

There stood 2 people wearing masks. One was taller and wore a white, yellow, and blue robe. He had golden wings and wore a black mask, with yellow outlines detailing his eyes and mouth,with horns that faced backward.

Was he trying to mock demons down here?

The other one was a female. She wore a black mask with horns sticking out. Her mask had white outlines detailing her mouth and eyes. She wore a dark blue shirt and skirt with a grey undershirt and leggings. She wore white boots and had white to black wings.

You took deep breaths as the taller one tilted his head." Uh, Lute, is that human... in hell?"
He asked.
The angel looked at you, confused. She walked over to you, and you backed up. She noticed this and grabbed your wrist roughly.
You yelp.
"Chill, Lute." The taller one said, standing up and walking to you. He wiped his mouth, getting rid of some sauce. He was eating.. ribs?

You look at him. Who was he? Was he the leader of the extermination?

He bent down and got really close to your face.
You dart your eyes to the angel named Lute and then back at him.
"H-Hello." You stutter.
"Hmmmm....you're... a sinner?" He said, standing straight.
"I live here now.." You say.
Lute looked as if she was about to draw a weapon, but the guy quickly stopped her."Chill, dangertits, now... how do you look so human?"He asked.
You.. I didn't even know. That's just how you appeared.

"Um.. I don't really -"
"You sure you're not a human. You even have human ears." He said.
"I'm not a human, sir." You reply.
"Call me d**kmaster." He replied.

You blankly look at him.

What.

"Huh?" You ask.
"You heard me~." He said.
You look at Lute. "Who is he?" You ask.
"Adam." She replied, looking you up and down.

Adam.

Adam.

"Wait, as in the first man? He's Adam? But.. ohh.. that explains a lot." You say, placing a finger on your lips.

Something was thrown at you. You almost caught it, but it fell, and you repeatedly kept trying to grab it. Once you did, you saw it was.. a piece of candy?
You look at Adam.
"Try it, tits." He said. You cover your open neck area and open the candy.
It was a rounded box shape. Looked to be milk chocolate..

Wait, what was this for? Was this a poison?

Adam seemed to notice your hesitation.
" Chillax, sugartits, it's normal.. besides, I'll let you have a 2 minute headstart. before Lute chases ya down." He said.

That didn't help.

You open the candy, still feeling uneasy.
You take a small bite of it.

The inside had caramel.. which you didn't know.
As soon as you bit it, the caramel slightly flooded out onto your lip, making bite the piece you had in your mouth and pull the other one away.
You licked the caramel off your lips.
It was.. delicious.. the best candy you've ever tasted!

"Good, huh~" He asks.
"Yeah. It's good." You say, smiling.

Unbeknownst to you, the candy did contain something. You see, you were too human, so he slipped you a specific candy to see the result he's been wanting.
Your chest began to glow slightly, gathering everyone's attention.
A small white vine grew from it and wrapped around your right shoulder.

You stare at it, then back at the two.
"What is this?" You ask, looking at the two.

This.. they didn't know what this was.
This was new.. a sinner doing this.

Adam grabbed the vine, and the vine grew and wrapped around his arm.
He looked at your face.

A yellow flower of light grew on your chin, and your eyes changed from their original color to ivory white and gold!
"W-what.. what did you do to me?!" You ask, panicking.

This state you were in. The flower, the eyes, your face, the vine. You looked so delicate in that moment. It made Adam feel something.

"I-I didn't.." He began. His look was softened.

You push away his hand, tearing the vine off his arm,and run out of the room!

As you did this, the effects began to wear off.
You ran out of the building, not caring if an angel saw you or not. You had to get out of there! You never did that before, and now you did?

Adam ran to the front door but was too late. You were gone.
"I can catch her, sir." Lute said." If ya can and make sure she's alive." He said. Lute flew right after you.

You raced down the street and into small alleys to avoid detection. You ran... but you realized you didn't know where to go.  That didn't matter. You had to get out of there.

You duck into another alley and into a large box covered in a black blanket.

Maybe, just maybe.. you could survive this.
As you place your hands over your chest, you could feel your heart beating heavily.

God...you wish this mess was over.