Chapter 42 - Trying to deny

Ethan

I take another look at the dance I'm practicing with Liam.

"Oh, so it's left, two, three, four, back, back, down."

"Yeah," Liam says. "But I think we should put a little flavor into it." He shows me the steps but with some added attitude and I nod.

"Looks good. Let's try it."

"I still don't get it," JD says from the kitchen where he's cooking something with Morgan.

"Get what?" Liam asks. "The dance?"

"No, the fact that people actually want to watch you two bounce around."

"It's because they're hot," Morgan says as she gets a bowl from the cupboard.

I smirk. "Yeah, JD. Listen to your girlfriend. We're hot."

He glares at me before turning to Morgan. "As hot as me?"

She looks him up and down. "I don't think I've ever seen you dance." She nods toward us. "Go on. Dance for me."

Both me and Liam are grinning.

"I can't be hot without dancing?" JD complains.

She pretends to look him over. "You know what? Now that I think about it, you are pretty hot."

"Oh, gee, thanks."

Morgan drops the charade and smiles at him. "Are you jealous? Because Liam and Ethan are good dancers?"

"I don't give a fuck about them. I care about you." He grabs her, and she laughs.

"That's my cue," Liam says. "I'm going to my room before they start making out."

I pick up my phone. "I'm going to go see if I can find Lily before practice. I'll see you there."

"Really?" Liam raises an eyebrow at me. "You'll barely have time to see her before practice."

"So?"

"You're so whipped." He shakes his head, then he glances at the kitchen and grimaces. "I'm out of here." He practically runs upstairs and I try to avoid looking at the couple making out as I leave the house.

I asked her all about her classes yesterday, so I know her last class ends in a few minutes. The computer building is starting to become familiar to me and I have no trouble locating the right room. I wait outside for the lecture to end. Eager to see her.

But when the door opens and students fill the corridor, there's no sign of her. I even peek inside to make sure she isn't still there.

"Hey, you're Ethan, right?"

I spin around and find a shy-looking woman with freckles.

"That's me."

"Can I have a selfie? I've been watching your dance videos for years."

"Of course." I lean in and she snaps the picture.

"Thanks for that. I've seen you hanging out with Lily."

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend. Do you know where she is? I thought she'd be in this class."

"Oh, she is. But she couldn't make it today. Someone called from her work and she asked me to take notes for her."

"Oh." I'm disappointed. "Well, see you around."

"See you."

She's working again. And she's skipping classes to work. That can't be good.