prolgue!

prologue!

Every summer as far back as I can remember, it's been our thing: the yearly trek to the beach house tucked snugly along the coastline. This isn't just any beach house; it's our life, where memories are etched into the sand. Mom, Steven, Belly, and I, we all eagerly anticipate our arrival each year. It's not just about soaking up the sun and salty sea breeze; it's the we bond we share with the Fishers'.

My mom's best friend, Susannah, is the queen bee of the beach house. Her laughter fills the air, and her warmth makes the place feel like home. And then there are her two sons, Conrad and Jeremiah. Conrad's got this mysterious vibe that draws everyone in, including Belly and me. But last summer, everything took a downward turn. Conrad pulled away from me out of nowhere, leaving me feeling totally lost and hurt.

Thankfully, Jeremiah stepped up as my rock, offering endless support and understanding. He helped me cushion the blow of Conrad's rejection. But even as teenage dramas unfolded and love interest sparked, my focus stayed laser-sharp on my goals. While others go caught up in matters of the heart, I stayed true to my ambition: getting into Harvard Law School.

With the summer breeze whispering promises of another season at the beach house, I can't help but wonder what's in store. Will Conrad and I mend our friendship? Or will Jeremiah continue to have my back? With each passing summer, the beach house reveals more about us and shapes our lives in ways we never saw coming.

Word count: 270 words