017

Eleanor 🎀

"Conrad is gonna flip when he catches a glimpse of you in that bikini," Isla says, her voice carrying a mischievous tone. We're both lounging by the pool, far enough from Taylor and Belly to keep our conversation private.

I shrug, adjusting the straps of my swimsuit. "Nah, doubt it. I think he's more into Belly than me."

"Why do you say that?" Isla asks, her brow furrowing with concern.

"He forgot to get me a present but got one for Belly. Not a biggie though, maybe he was low on cash," i explain.

"That's no excuse to leave you hanging," Isla retorts, a hint of anger colouring her tone. "I should go give that guy a piece of my mind." She flexes her fingers, cracking her knuckles as she starts to March out the pool.

"Hey, chill, it's fine," I interjected, trying to diffuse the situation. "Seriously, Isla, let it go."

"Okay, fine but tell me the latest gossip" Isla demands

"Okay. But brace yourself, because you might not like what I'm about to tell you" I say to her

I take a deep breath, preparing to share the messy details. "Alright, here it is. So, I had a date with James. He dropped me off at home, and then I encountered Conrad in the kitchen. I was furious because he interrupted my date. We got into a heated argument, and I told him not to speak to me. As I stormed off to my room, he grabbed me and kissed me on the breakfast bar."

Islas's eyes widen in shock. "Oh my goodness. What happened next?"

"Belly walked in on us," I continue, cringing at the memory. "We had a confrontation, and she locked me out of my own bedroom. Thankfully, Jeremiah overheard what happened and offered me a place to stay in his room."

Islas shakes her head in frustration. "I don't understand why Belly is reacting so strongly. Jeremiah seems like the better match for you."

"Yeah," I agree with Islas, sighing. "But what can I do?"

"We know you're over there gossiping about us," Taylor calls out to Jeremiah and Steven, a playful grin on her face.

"Yeah, right. Keep dreaming," Steven retorts, chuckling.

"Let's play chicken," Taylor suggests, her eyes gleaming mischievously.

"No, not chicken," Belly protests, shaking her head.

"Yes," Taylor insists, swimming closer to Steven and Jeremiah.

"I was like 12 the last time we played," Belly reminds them, a hint of reluctance in her voice.

"Aw, come on, it'll be a riot," Taylor urges, trying to coax Belly into joining.

"Hey, Nemo, you gonna join in?" Jeremiah asks me, his gaze turning towards where I'm sitting.

"Nah, I'll sit this one out," I reply, opting to stay on the sidelines.

"You sure?" Jeremiah asks, concern lacing his voice.

"Yeah, I'm good. Don't worry about me. You guys go ahead and have fun," I reassure him. "Besides, you can team up with Taylor for chicken."

"Great, so that means I'm stuck with Steven," Belly remarks, swimming closer to the boys.

"That's not fair. Seriously? Taylor's way lighter," Steven protests, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Steven, lay off her," I interject, coming to Belly's defense.

"I don't need you defending me," Belly retorts, rolling her eyes at me, still clearly irked that Conrad kissed me and not her.

"Oh, sorry for being such a giant," Belly adds sarcastically. "Wouldn't want to strain those delicate little shoulders of yours."

Word count: 578 words