012

Eleanor 🎀

Me and James decide to hit the boardwalk for our date, so I find myself in Susannah's room getting ready. Belly has already let Mom know she's going with Cam, and Mom seems cool with it. As Belly gets prepped for her date, Susannah can't help but gush, "You look really cute. You're both gonna have so much fun tonight."

"We're just going to see a movie," Belly clarifies.

"You look nice, hon," Mom chimes in, offering her approval.

"Thanks," Belly replies before making her way downstairs to meet her date.

"I can't believe crop tops are back. Remember how I thought I was such hot shit in that baby tee I wore freshman year?" Susannah reminisces, setting a nostalgic tone.

"Have fun tonight," Susannah bids me farewell as I hand her back her lip gloss.

"Are you not driving with us?" Mom inquires, breaking the moment.

"Um..." I hesitate, unsure of how to respond.

"Didn't Ellie tell you? She has a date," Susannah chimes in, filling Mom in on the details.

"Sorry, Mom. I can totally cancel it and go another time," I offer, feeling a pang of guilt for not mentioning it sooner.

"It's fine. I let Belly go, so you can go as well. Have a great date," Mom reassures me, surprising me with her understanding. I never thought she would actually let me go.

"Thanks," I say gratefully, relieved that I don't have to cancel my plans.

"Do we need to talk about consent before you go?" Mom suddenly questions, reminding me of her motherly duties.

"Mom," I groan, feeling slightly embarrassed by her concern. I make my way downstairs to find the boys engrossed in a video game.

"See you guys later," I announce, catching their attention.

"Damn!" Jeremiah exclaims as he tosses his controller aside and approaches me.

"Are you kidding? Yeah, fine, just abandon the game completely, Jere," Steven complains, his competitive spirit shining through. I glance over at Steven and notice Conrad's gaze fixed on me.

"You... look... hot," Jere declares, spinning me around.

"Hey, hey, hey, stop flirting with my sister," Steven teases, but his compliment can't be missed. "You look good, though."

"You driving with us, or are you meeting us there?" Jere asks, eager to sort out logistics.

"I'm not going to the book party. I'm going to the boardwalk," I explain, prompting Conrad to inquire further.

"With who?" Conrad presses, just as a notification pings on my phone.

"Um... okay, bye," I mumble, suddenly feeling a bit flustered as I make a hasty exit.

Hey lovelies, give me some movie recommendations to watch or tv shows

Word count: 443 words