004

Eleanor 🎀

I gently push open the bedroom door and find Belly unpacking. Dropping my bag onto the bed, I catch sight of her holding Junior Mint, the stuffed teddy bear Conrad got me from the boardwalk. "Hey," I greet her as I settle onto the bed. Moving closer, I reach for Junior Mint, a fond smile tugging at my lips.

"Hey," Belly replies, passing me the cherished bear. Jeremiah enters our room and takes a seat on the bed.

"I can't believe you still have that bear," he remarks, eyeing Junior Mint with amusement.

"Duh, I would never throw away Junior Mint," I declare, walking over to Jeremiah and placing the bear in his hands.

"Come on, let's swim before dinner, please," Jeremiah suggests eagerly. Typically, I'd jump at the chance, but with Belly here, I want to spend some quality time with her too.

"I can't. I need to unpack, and I don't want to leave Belly all alone. Why don't you go with Belly instead?" I propose.

"No," Belly interjects, shaking her head. I glance over at her, considering her response. "Go with Jere. I don't mind being on my own," she insists with a reassuring smile.

"Are you sure, Belly?" I ask, wanting to make sure she's okay with the arrangement.

"Yeah, I'm sure," she reassures me.

"Okay, Jeremiah, meet me out back," I concede, giving in to his request.

"Okay, Nemo," Jeremiah responds, using the childhood nickname he's always called me. Despite my love for the movie Finding Nemo waning over the years, he still affectionately sticks with the nickname. With a final nod, Jeremiah heads off to his room, leaving me to gather my things and prepare for a swim with him.

🌊

"Come on," Jeremiah calls out to me as we step outside, the warm breeze brushing against our skin.

"Hey. Did you know my dad's coming up for the Fourth?" I inquire, eager for Jeremiah's reaction.

"Cool," he replies nonchalantly, not quite addressing my concern.

"Don't you think it's weird?" I press, hoping for some validation.

"Not really. I love your dad," Jeremiah states as we stroll towards the beach, his easygoing demeanor contrasting with my lingering unease.

"Yeah, but they've only been divorced for, like, a year and a half," I point out, searching for understanding.

"Well, that's what's so cool about your mom, you know? She just doesn't give a shit," Jeremiah remarks casually, attempting to shift the focus away from the topic at hand. "So, Nemo, did you miss me?" he teases, trying to lighten the mood.

"When are you ever going to stop calling me Nemo?" I retort, meeting his gaze as we share a moment.

"When I can call you mine," he replies with a playful smirk, causing a blush to rise to my cheeks. "So, did you miss me?" he presses, his tone softer now.

"No, I didn't," I reply with a mischievous grin, enjoying the opportunity to tease him. But as I see his smile falter into a frown, I quickly add, "I'm just joking. Obviously, I missed you," I assure him, unable to keep the affectionate smile from creeping onto my lips.

Hey, lovelies.
Could you please not be silent readers, I really want you to comment.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it.
And I am going to be posting everyday x

Word count: 560 words