013

Eleanor 🎀

I step outside to find James waiting for me in a sleek Porsche. My heart skips a beat as I approach the passenger side, opening the door and sliding in with a smile. "Hi," I greet him warmly.

"Hi," he replies, his eyes lighting up as he takes in my appearance. "You look beautiful," he compliments, causing me to blush.

"Thank you," I reply shyly, feeling a rush of excitement as he starts the car and begins to reverse. I can't help but notice how effortlessly cool he looks, one hand on the steering wheel and the other resting casually on his seat as he checks the rearview mirror.

As we arrive at our destination, James suddenly instructs me not to get out just yet. Confusion washes over me. Is something wrong? Did I do something to upset him?

"Um... okay," I respond tentatively, unsure of what to make of his request. Stepping out of the car, I'm surprised when James walks around to my side, holding out his hand for me to take. "Thank you," I murmur, feeling a rush of warmth as our hands connect.

"When you're with me, you don't have to do anything," he assures me, his words soothing my nerves as we make our way towards the boardwalk. "So, what do you want to do first?" he asks, his gaze meeting mine.

"I don't mind," I reply, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness as we walk hand in hand. His gesture feels both thrilling and unfamiliar, but I don't want to let go.

"Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable," James apologizes, sensing my hesitation. I shake my head, reassuring him. "No, no, you didn't," I assure him, squeezing his hand gently. "It's just new to me. I've never been in a relationship, or whatever this is called," I admit, feeling a bit vulnerable.

"Oh, I didn't know," he responds, his tone softening as he takes in my words. Approaching the rides, he asks me which one I want to go on first.

"Um... how about the ferris wheel?" I suggest, feeling a surge of excitement at the thought of the towering ride. James nods in agreement, leading the way towards the ferris wheel.

"Wait here, let me pay for the ride," he instructs, stepping away briefly. I watch him as he handles the transaction, returning with two tickets in hand.

"Hey," he greets me as he rejoins me in line, his smile lighting up his face as we wait patiently for our turn on the ferris wheel. "Hey," I echo, feeling a sense of warmth and excitement bubbling inside me as we embark on our adventure together.

Jeremiah 🧸

"Don't drop it," I instruct Steven as I hand him more books to carry. His face disappears behind the stack of books, rendering him temporarily blind. After stowing away the books, we settle onto the couch, with Conrad joining us.

"You know, this shit is so boring. Can we go somewhere?" Conrad pipes up, clearly restless.

"Yeah. Where?" Steven inquires, finally tearing his eyes away from his phone.

"We could go into town, I don't know, buy some weed from that guy with the Rainbow Dash tattoo?" I suggest, trying to inject some excitement into our mundane afternoon.

"Nah, he got arrested last summer," Conrad informs us, dashing my hopes of a quick fix.

"Oh, shit. Really?" I exclaim, disappointed by the news.

"Yeah," Conrad confirms.

"Yeah, we could go to the boardwalk," Steven suggests, offering an alternative.

"Dude, gross. No, I-I don't want to watch Nemo hooking up with some weirdo on a ride," I object, wrinkling my nose at the thought.

"Yo, actually... let's go to the boardwalk," Conrad suddenly proposes, surprising us with his change of heart.

"Wait. Like... like, really?" Steven questions, clearly taken aback by Conrad's suggestion.

"Yeah. Why not?" Conrad shrugs, his nonchalant demeanor suggesting he's up for an adventure.

Eleanor 🎀

"So what uni are you going to apply to?" James asks as we continue to wait for our turn on the ride.

"Harvard," I reply. "Oh, and I'm going to study law, but I'm only a Junior in the fall so I still have enough time left."

"Oh, my God. You have your life planned out," he remarks, sounding impressed.

"What about you? What are you going to do after you finish school in the UK?" I inquire, curious about his future plans.

"I don't know. I haven't really thought about it," he admits. Just then, it's our turn on the ride, and we settle into our seats next to each other. As the ride starts, I can't shake the anticipation building inside me. Before last night, I'd only kissed boys during spin the bottle, not in real life, not because we both really wanted it. But the way I feel right now, this is what everyone talks about. We're about to kiss when the ride abruptly stops, and I see Conrad, Jere, and Steven making kissing sounds nearby.

"Hey, could you, um, grab me a lemonade?" I ask, needing a moment to compose myself. James nods and walks in the other direction. I approach Steven, feeling annoyed – a feeling I'm not accustomed to.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I say, frustration evident in my voice.

"Uh, just wanting to go on our favorite ride," Steven replies casually.

"You have to go!" I insist, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"Oh, Nemo, relax. We were just joking around," Jeremiah interjects, attempting to defuse the situation. I quickly wipe away my tears before anyone can see me cry.

"Steven, if you don't leave, I swear to God I will send everyone here your Dramione fanfic," I threaten, feeling desperate.

"You wouldn't," Steven challenges, but I know I have to follow through.

"Oh, he spends an entire chapter talking about Draco's wand," I say, trying to embarrass him into leaving.

"Oh, my God. You know, don't be embarrassed, man. Draco's hot," Jeremiah chimes in, trying to lighten the mood.

"Hey, seriously? Please leave," I plead, feeling overwhelmed. Eventually, Conrad convinces Steven and the others to leave.

"You were the one who wanted to come, Conrad," Steven grumbles as they walk away, leaving me feeling relieved but shaken by the confrontation.

Hey lovelies, have you guys listened to the TPPD album.

Word count: 1,058 words