014

Eleanor 🎀

"Here's your lemonade," James says, handing me a cup. "So, do you want to go home?" he asks.

"Sure," I say. We walk to the car in silence. When we arrive at his car, he opens the door for me and lets me get in. The whole car ride to the beach house is silent. "Thank you," I say as we pull up.

"I had a really good time tonight," he says as he turns off the car.

"Same. I had a really good time," I reply. "I think I was just dehydrated before."

"Are you... hydrated now?" he asks with a smirk.

"Yeah, very," I say, feeling a flush of excitement. I don't want this night to be over.

"Can I kiss you?" he asks, his voice soft and earnest.

"Yes," I say, feeling my heart racing. We both lean in, our lips meeting in a tender embrace. His hand gently cradles my neck, and I feel a surge of electricity shoot through me as our lips move in sync. The kiss is deep and passionate, igniting a fire within me that I've never felt before.

"Bye. Goodnight," he says reluctantly as we pull away.

"Bye. Goodnight," I reply, my voice barely above a whisper. I get out of the car and wave at him, feeling a mix of exhilaration and longing. As I walk inside, I see Conrad in the kitchen, and I can't help but replay the moment in my mind over and over again.

Hey, how was your hot date?" Conrad asks with a smirk.

"Excuse me?" I say, feeling a pang of irritation.

"Okay, relax. We were just having a little fun," Conrad says, trying to defuse the tension.

"You guys are annoying," I say, feeling my frustration building.

"Eli, come on," he says, his tone softening.

"All I wanted was to go to the boardwalk with a guy that is cute and sweet, and you guys had to come and ruin it," I say, my voice trembling with emotion.

"And us showing up for, like, two minutes ruined that, really?" Conrad retorts. "Grow up, Eli."

"Why couldn't you let me have this one thing?" I cry out, tears welling up in my eyes. "You knew what you were doing."

"What? What was I doing?" Conrad asks, his voice tinged with confusion.

"Conrad, you're the one who stopped talking to me last summer. If you want to keep it that way, stop crashing my dates," I say, my voice shaking with frustration. "You cared where I was, who I was with."

"No, I didn't. I don't care," he says, his tone defensive.

"Okay, if you don't care, leave me alone like how you left me alone last summer," I say, my voice breaking.

I wonder if this is the way all crushes die. With a whimper, slowly, and then, just like that, gone. I walk upstairs, feeling a mix of anger and sadness swirling inside me. Suddenly, Conrad picks me up and places me on the breakfast bar.

"The reason I didn't talk to you last summer is complicated," he says, his voice low and husky. He leans in to kiss me, his lips cold against mine. The kiss is intense and electrifying, sending shivers down my spine. But before it can fully develop, we hear a shatter from somewhere in the house, and Conrad jerks away from me.

"I'm sorry," Belly says, her voice trembling as tears stream down her cheeks. She runs to her bedroom, and I follow after her, my heart heavy with guilt and confusion.

"Belly, please hear me out," I say, knocking on her door.

"No, you knew I liked Conrad, and you went and kissed him anyway," she says, her voice choked with emotion.

"Belly, he was the one who kissed me. I didn't kiss him," I plead. "If you want, I can stop talking to him."

"I don't care. You fucking kissed him. What don't you understand?" she says, her anger palpable.

"Belly, you're meant to be my best friend, my sister," I say, tears streaming down my face.

"No, you don't get to call me that," she says bitterly. "A sister doesn't kiss her sister's crush. A best friend wouldn't like her best friend's crush."

I knock on Jeremiah's door, seeking solace and refuge from the turmoil swirling around me.

"Hey," he says, concern etched on his face. "What's wrong?"

"Can I come in?" I ask, my voice trembling.

"Yeah, sure," he says, his eyes full of empathy. I sit on his bed, pouring out my heart to him, seeking comfort and understanding.

"Nemo, who could ever be annoyed at you," he says, his voice warm and reassuring. He hands me some clothes and I change, grateful for his kindness and support. As I crawl into bed next to him, I feel a sense of peace wash over me, and I finally drift off to sleep, hoping that tomorrow will bring clarity and resolution to the chaos of today.

Hope you enjoyed lovelies

Word count: 841 words