♡𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍 𝙻𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝙸 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞...♡ Wᴀʟʟᴛᴇʀ x Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

Nobody requested this I just really wanted to write angst 🥰

This is angst yes

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

You hoped this wasn't too much...

You sighed, looking down at the bouquet of roses you held in your hand. You planned to gift these roses to Wallter.

You've been a friend of Walter's ever since the 5th year him and Mark were married. You were there to comfort him through the divorce and helped him get up on his feet. But you accidentally fell in love with him during the process.

But you sort of kept your feelings in because the last thing he needed was a new relationship. After going through the divorce, it wouldn't be a good idea to start dating another person.

So, you kept your distance while being a good friend. He needed a good friend, and you were here to provide that.

But now, it's been over a year since the divorce. Wallter seems to be in a good place. Now you thought it might be a good idea to start hinting that you loved him.

You started out by giving him gifts. But he always brings up Mark. One way or another, Mark always seems to come into the conversation.

You had no idea what to do. It made you want to cry at the thought he still may be in love with Mark.

He never got him flowers...

But you did...

Your mind sort of blanked out as you looked up at Wallter. You lifted up the bouquet of flowers to him. "I got these for you! Since um... I know you love flowers." You say in a nervous tone. Your cheeks flushed once he took them from your hands.

"Oh why Y/N, these are gorgeous!" He exclaimed while admiring the red roses in which you gifted him.

"At least you GOT me flowers... Oh, sorry friend."

Your smile faltered, as you felt that lump in your throat. He brought Mark up again. Of course he did. You felt tears welling up in yours eyes.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry...

You sniffled, rubbing your eyes to prevent tears from falling out. Though you managed to stop the tears, your heart broken expression couldn't be hidden.

"Y/N...? Is there something wrong..?" Wallter asked in a concerned tone. You looked up at him. Your heart beating particularly fast.

Why couldn't he just appreciate the gift you got him without being up Mark all the time? Why couldn't he just let go and love you instead?

You're being selfish.

You tried to cease those thoughts, knowing it wasn't Wallter's fault. What was wrong with you?

"I-I'm fine... I just... uh.." The words got all jumbled up as you felt yourself beginning to panic. You needed to go. You couldn't let yourself break down in front of him.

"I need to go-" You say before running as fast as you could out of the elevator. You heard the call of Wallter behind you telling you to wait. But you couldn't wait. You needed to go.

Wallter watched as you ran. The elevator doors closed as he looked down to the bouquet of roses he held. He noticed a tag on it.

He took the tag and rose it up for him to see.

From: Y/N

To: Wallter

I love you

He stood there, staring at the tag. Realization washed over him. You loved him.

Oh.

Wallter didn't even notice the two tears rolling down his face. He sniffed and brought the bouquet to his nose and smelled the fresh roses. A rather bittersweet feeling ran through him.

The roses smelt blissful, you gave them to him to show your love for him. Though, with the knowledge that he broke your heart just from not being able to appreciate you and the gifts you give him. Finally realizing how many times he compared you to Mark, and making you think he didn't love you. Was why it was so bittersweet.

Guilt crashed over him like a large wave you could easily drown in.

"...I'm sorry Y/N, you deserve better."

𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒈𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒍 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒚 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒑𝒊𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖...

❥༄♪♪♪

𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

710 words

Lol

Usually you would see this thing with Wallmark angst but hey, why not use it for Wallter x Reader angst??