♡𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝙶𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝟿 𝚝𝚘 𝟻 𝚂𝚘 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚏𝚝♡ Pᴇsᴛ X Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

More angst hooray!!!!

Another song based fic
This oneshot is based off of the song Night Shift.

The meaning is "She will do everything to avoid seeing him, getting a glimpse of him, or just to be under his gaze."

Summary: You thought you would never see Pest again, but now with him being a regular in the elevator you do everything possible to avoid him. And now it's starting to affect Pest in ways he wished it wouldn't.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

You were confused when he just suddenly cut you off like that. No warning, no "I don't wanna be your friend anymore" nothing. He left.... just like that.

You were aware of how narcissistic Pest was, and how antisocial he is. But you didn't think he would just leave without telling you why. Were you too annoying? Too obnoxious? Too much for him..?

You didn't get it.

Maybe this was like him, maybe you should've expected this. But that doesn't mean it didn't hurt. Should you have been prepared to be hurt? It was in his nature to be apathetic.

Were you that stupid to think you two could've actually had some sort of relationship?

...Yes...yes you were.

You really thought that Pest and you could be friends. You really thought he cared about you. You seriously thought you could've been something more.

How pathetic.

But hey, the chance that you would never see Pest again was high.

You would never see him again....

You found comfort in that thought.

꧁                      ✫                     ꧂ 

You played with some coin you found lying around in the elevator. Flicking it up, rolling it around in your hand. You were kind of bored, after all going up and down to different types of floors in which you've been to a million times before could get boring.

It was when the elevator dinging to a floor you've never seen before. It looked like some type of subway. It looked boring, so you didn't go out.

You then heard footsteps approaching the rectangular box. Raising your head up in curiosity, you felt your stomach drop once you see who it was.

Pest?!

You immediately look back down.

He seemed to notice you too, but he didn't say anything. You could feel him staring at you. You didn't dare look back up at him. You couldn't. You won't. Not after all these years.

You heard the elevator ding and immediately booked for the doors. It was the aquarium floor. You run to the side of the aquarium. After a bit, you hear the elevator ding again. It must've went back up.

Thank god.

꧁                      ✫                     ꧂

You avoided pest like the plague.

If you found out he was going to one of Poob's parties, you didn't show up. It didn't matter if you said you would, some excuse would do.

You found out he was going somewhere? You simply keep away from that place. Anything he did you stayed away from.

You refused to even stand near him, you refused to even look at him. You would do everything possible to avoid him.

You found out Pest mostly rode the elevator during the day. So, you rode it during the night.

Yes, you would gladly ruin your sleep schedule just to avoid his harsh, cold gaze that you once found condolence in.

You never wanted to see him again, and you wouldn't if you could help it.

. . .

He watched as you turned and walked the other way when you saw him. He watched as you refuse to even look at him. He watched you destroy your mental health just to avoid him.

He wasn't supposed to care.

He was supposed to be unconcerned about you.

"𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩
𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘢𝘸 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵
𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘯𝘦𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵."

Pest already left you, he already broke you. There was no second chance. Feeling remorse for his actions doesn't do anything.

It doesn't change the fact that he hurt you.

Nothing could change that fact, even if you forgave him.

Pest found misery in that thought...

𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘢 9 𝘵𝘰 5....

𝘴𝘰 𝘐𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙛𝙩.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

700 words

THIS TOOK ME SO LONG TO FINISH OMG

That was not very sigma of you broski

[Im not sorry]