Meet Jace

Banging around woke me up the next morning. Very early. And much too early for my liking.

I didn't need to look at the clock on my bedside table to know that it was 3 o clock in the morning. My body felt like it was being held down by all of the mattresses from The Princess and the Pea.

I groaned and slammed my feet on the floor. The banging only got louder and as I finally woke myself up, I discovered that it was coming from across the hall.

I gritted my teeth and stuffed my bare feet into some slippers I found underneath my bed, then stomped across the hall. Without even knocking, I barged in. Nobody woke me up at three in the morning and got away with it.

To my surprise and horror, I walked in on a shirtless boy with messy, shoulder length brown hair. It was then that I realized that I was not dreaming and that of course there would be a person in the room.

The first thing I noticed was that he was cute. Like really cute. He had a bit of facial hair that made it look like he was older, but I knew that we were the same age from what Diego told me. His long hair perfectly framed his thin face a-

"What are you do-Who are you?!" He exclaimed angrily.

My mind finally registered that he was glaring at me.

I put my hands on my hips, then immediately crossed my arms over my chest, realizing I wasn't wearing a bra under my tank top.

"Look. Not that I'm not used to hot girls in my room late at night. But who are?" He continued, giving me a suspicious look. The anger was clearly gone and now he was looking me up and down.

I glared at him fiercely. "Keep it down." I hissed. "I'm trying to sleep."

"Excuse me, but I'm too busy not caring, so if you don't mind..." he shooed me away. "And next time, knock."

I felt my face grow hot as my skin boiled. "Next time, don't wake me up at three o'clock in the morning." I snapped.

He straightened and glared at me. "I don't know who you think you are but-"

"I don't care what you think, but if I have to live across from you for a few mon-"

"You're Dakota?!" He exclaimed incredulously.

I rolled my eyes. "No. I killed him and hid him underneath your bed. Why don't you take a look?" I replied starkly.

To my surprise, Jace laughed. He sat on his bed. "You're funny." he commented, running his fingers through his hair. I couldn't help admiring his arms as he lifted them. I blinked twice to get them out of my head and crossed my arms tighter.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Go to bed." I ordered.

"You're not my mother." He retorted childishly.

I scoffed. "Wow. What a good come back." I said.

"Can you just leave? I don't like people." He said, sounding exasperated.

"That makes the both of us, so don't wake me up again." I warned. "Or you'll regret it."

He smirked, clearly not believing me.

I turned on my heel and stomped out. I slumped against my door realizing that I had spoke to the "famous" Jace, and he was really cute.

I shook my head and stuffed myself back underneath my covers, hoping that I wouldn't suddenly begin dreaming about my hot neighbor.

-•-

A few hours later I woke up with a start. Again.

It was my blasted neighbor banging around again.