Meet Dakotas New Home

"Welcome home." Quintin said wrapping me in a hug as soon as I stepped through the door.

I laughed. "Gee, thanks." I said. Diego had come to bring me back after I said goodbye to Ash and my mother. Ash was going to Florida to be with his own mother and my mother was going to sign papers with Bailey to give her full custody.

It was a miracle that I could think about it  without bring down.
After a while, I realized it wouldn't be so bad. I'd just have to get used to it.

"This is your home now right?" He clarified.

I nodded. "I'm hungry. Feed me." I ordered. He laughed and practically skipped into the kitchen. "I am so excited that you're staying here." He gushed. I rolled my eyes and jogged up the stairs.

I smiled when I saw my door. It felt so nice to be back. My nose was finally getting cleared from the smell of the hospital.

"Hey Dakota." I turned to see Jace standing in his doorway. "Look, before you say anything, I forgo-"

"I don't want to hear anything from you." I hissed. I still angry with him for ignoring me and avoiding me. I hadn't even done anything to him since he placed that party on my shoulders.

Before he could say anything else and ruin my perfect mood I hurried into the room and closed the door, locking it.

I turned on my stereo just as there was banging on my door. I turned up my music to drown out Jaces voice.

I spun around, dancing to the beat then threw myself on my bed and screamed. My back crashed with the floor and I heard a crack as my head but the floor. Again.

I groaned and touched my head where it hit the floor. Tears blurred my vision as I looked around in confusion. I could see colors swirling around me, the waves were hurting my eyes and making me dizzy. I clutched my head and tried to get up.

The waves disappeared and I found myself standing in the middle of my bed.

I slowly walked out of it, then began waving my hand through it. There was no bed, it was like a...hologram. I didn't have much time to process it because in he next second, I fainted.

-:¥:-

When I woke up, I was thankfully in my room. I could see a shadow pacing back and forth angrily.

The lights were off but it wasn't that late yet, my clock read six thirty. "Gregg?" I whispered.

He abruptly stopped pacing and came to my bedside, turning on my lamp. "Are you okay?" He asked taking my hand. I sat up.

"I'm perfectly fine. I only fainted." I assured him.

He frowned. "You were out for half an hour."

I shrugged causing him to roll his eyes. Someone knocked on the door. Gregg glared at it. "It's probably Jace. He must have seen the light."

"Well, let him in." I said giving him an annoyed lol.

"It was his fault!" Gregg explained.

I gave him a blank look. I didn't really remember why I fainted.

"Jace bought a hologram to make it appear that your bed was there when in reality it was downstairs in the basement. He had planned it for a while ago but then you left." He explained. "I'd really appreciate it if you two would quit pranking each other." He said sternly.

I wasn't listening though. A new plan was already forming in my head to get him back.

Gregg furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you thinking?" He asked cautiously.

I smiled innocently. "I'm only plotting my revenge." I answered.

"You've already gotten hurt!" He shouted. "That's enough!" He snapped, clearly irritated.

I glared at him. "You're not my father. You're my boyfriend so act like it." I snapped.

He smirked at me. "You're cute when you're angry."

He climbed onto the bed with me and placed my head on his chest as he laid down. "Is this better?" He asked me.

I nodded and closed my eyes. I felt his lips on my forehead before I fell asleep.

I dreamed of myself pranking Jace in various, deadly ways.

One of the pranks I did was filling his room with cups of rotten milk. His room reeked of the sour drink. When I went into his room to gloat, he was furiously trying to pick up all the cups and muttering to himself.

He glared at me when I came into his room. "I hate you." He said, though he didn't really sound like he meant it.

"You know you love me." I blurted before I could stop myself.

I tiptoed through the cups to get to his bed and sat down.

"Aren't you gonna help me?" He snapped.

I shook my head smiling happily and bouncing up and down. Bad idea.

He narrowed his eyes at me and stalked to me. My eyes widened. "No. No. No."

He picked me up over his shoulder and threw me onto the floor into the soggy milk. Luckily, my leg was wrapped around his thigh because he lost his footing and fell down with me.

He caught himself with his arms around me caging me to the floor. We stared at each other in horror and surprise for a while before cracking up.

Jace looked so carefree when he was laughing. He looked really cute and younger.

When he finally stopped laughing, he smiled down at me. I saw his eyes darken with lust but I didn't try to move. It was like I wanted him to kiss me.

And then he did.

I jumped up from my bed gasping.

I looked down at Gregg guiltily, luckily he was still asleep or I was sure he would have been able to read it on my face.

It was two o clock in the morning. I slipped quietly out of bed and wandered the hallways looking for the kitchen.

A sound grabbed my attention and I walked in that direction hoping to find some help. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that it was in fact the kitchen.

Someone was in the refrigerator. I inwardly groaned when I realized it was the last person I wanted to see.

"Rough night?" He asked me.

I glared at him and turned on the light to make sure he could see that I was angry. "Do you really want to go there?" I threatened.

He set his glass down. "Look Dakota, I'm really sorry. I was trying to tell you." He said sincerely.

"Why'd you do it in the first place then?" I asked.

He sighed and picked up his drink again. He walked towards me and pulled my arm dragging me out the door. I let him lead me down the hallway and around the corner. I could see light coming from a room which I remembered was the living room.

He sat on the couch and I sat on another chair pulling my knees to my chest.

"Well?" I pressed.

"Because I like you." He said.