Meet Leigh

We were at a place called the Cheese steak factory which was just a simple restaurant that served cheese steaks among other things.

I fell in love with the mellow color and lighting of the place; it made the place feel like home. I ran my finger along the top of a plush couch as I passed it on our way to the back of the building.

"This way." Quintin told me, pulling me by my elbow. I noticed that he was smiling at something in the distance and followed his gaze, picking out a dark haired girl siting alone by a window. I figured that's what he was looking at since the only other person in her direction looked about 74 and didn't have any teeth.

The girl wasn't smiling, honestly, she looked scary and unapproachable. I really hoped he wasn't headed that way.

When we neared he table, my hopes fell.
"Oh great." I muttered. "I've always wanted to be a third wheel." I deadpanned.

"Don't worry. Leigh's great. You won't feel awkward at all." Quintin promised under his breath.

When we finally got to the table the girl looked me up and down. "Why didn't you tell me you were bringing company? I could have stayed home." She said starkly.

Yup, I thought to myself, not awkward at all.

Quintin sat and motioned for me to sit as well. "You said you didn't have company at home." He reminded her.

"I could have played with my dog." She reasoned turning her nose up as if her dog was better than me.

Quintin rolled his eyes. "You don't have a dog." Well then, I thought to myself. A non existing dog was better company than I was.

She smiled. "Then this would be the perfect time for me to get one, huh?" She retorted.

Quintin glared at Leigh. "Stop." He chastised.

She huffed and looked at me. "I'm Leigh, Quintins amazing girlfriend. Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Dakota. I just moved in with the Aces." I informed her, deciding to treat hate with kindness.

She raised her eyebrows at me. "Moved in? Are you going to our school?"

I nodded, making her smirk. She leaned forward and placed her chin on her hands. "Show up with them. Please do. And see how popular you'll get."

I looked at Quintin in confusion. He laughed. "What she means is, you'll get a lot of trouble from jealous, desperate girls." He explained, rolling his eyes.

I nodded in understanding. I could understand from the girls point of view. If the Aces were as popular as they sounded and a new girl showed up with them one day, I would be curious too. I wasn't sure about the jealous part, but definitely curious. "This sounds like a promising senior year." I said sarcastically.

"You could ride with me." Leigh offered.

My eyes widened. "Really?"

She scoffed. "No."

I rolled my eyes. Honestly, I liked her. She was blunt and honest, kind of like myself but more emotionless.

Just as I was about to strike up a conversation, my phone went off and Ash's face appeared on my screen.

"Ooh. Who is that hunk?" She asked, peering at my screen with wide eyes.

"Leigh." Quintin whined.

"What?" She responded. "God gave me eyes, I'm simply using them."

He narrowed his own eyes at her.