Meet Chill Jace

I sat there in shock, unable to process his words. He rolled his eyes. "Not like that you dork." He continued, smirking at me.

My face heated up and immediately crumbled, not in a disappointed away; I was embarrassed that I had actually believed him.

He laughed. "You should have seen the look on your face." Jace teased. He dropped his jaw and gave me a glazed look, which I assumed was his impression of me.

I blushed, trying to glare at him; it was difficult since I was so embarrassed. "You're gonna regret that." I threatened halfheartedly.

He sighed. "That's just it, Dakota. The guys can't take a joke around here. I like finally having someone across from me that I can have fun with. I like pranking you and having you prank me back." He shrugged. "I also think you're pretty cool. Especially since you don't feel the need to bow at my feet to make me like you." He cocked his head to the side and furrowed his eyebrows. "Actually, you haven't once tried to get me to like you."

I smiled. "I don't feel the need to." I told him, causing him to roll his eyes. I was glad that the fact that I didn't work hard to impress him came at his ego.

"Well thanks." He replied sarcastically, smirking at me again.

"Why did you say you hated me?" I wondered. He shrugged and turned the volume on the TV back up.

"You're fun to provoke." He said simply with his eyes still trained on the television. He was watching Hannah Montana.

"I'm glad I could be here for your amusement." I said, laughing. "And why are you watching this?" I asked incredulously.

He gave me a strange look. "Are you kidding me? This is Miley Cyrus we're talking about." He said with wide eyes. "Plus," he muttered. "Wizards of Waverly Place is next."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Let me guess. Selena Gomez." I gushed making my eyes wide and clapping my hands.

"You know it." He agreed, winking at me. "And I do not talk like that." He said, narrowing his eyes. "My voice is definitely higher."

I burst into laughter, enjoying this new side of Jace.

We sat through the rest of Hannah Montana sharing laughs at Rico's crazy antics. I stayed up to watch Wizards of Waverly Place as well since I was no longer tired, and it was honestly one of my favorite shows.

A week ago I didn't think I would be hanging out with Jace, never mind holding a conversation with him.

I found it strange that he had even opened up to me at all. Even if it was just a little but. I looked over at him. He looked so friendly and carefree as he smiled at the television set. The same way he looked in my dream; I shook the thoughts away. There was no way I would be attracted to him.

I had a boyfriend and there was no way I would hurt him. Gregg was really sweet and caring in his own cocky way. While Jace was edgy and mysterious. He was different...I stopped myself.

I couldn't keep comparing them or I would fall down a deep dark hole that I would probably never get out of.

When I broke out of my daze, I realized that Jace was gone. I narrowed my eyes, taking back every good thing I said about him. But then I relaxed when I realized he could have been in the bathroom.

It was like I was becoming desperate and clingy and we weren't even dating. I wasn't even sure if we were friends.

I felt guilty having these thoughts about Jace when my boyfriend was back in my room soundlessly sleeping.