𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

"Stop it." I smack Harvey's hand away. He is trying to draw on me. "Harvey." I glare at him.

"Enough you two." My teacher says sternly.

He puts his hand away but when she goes back to writing on the board, he does it again.

"Harvey." I say a bit too loud. The whole class turns around.

"Enough! Detention after school." My teacher yells. I turn to Harvey. "Are you serious?" I mutter under my breath.

He looks at the teacher and puts on a smile. "Oh, come on Miss, it was a joke." "No, I am done with you two, this is what you get." She continues to write stuff on the board.

"This is your fault." Harvey mumbles. "No, it is yours." 

"Shut up guys." Nate whispers under his breath when he sees the teacher staring at us.

We both go quiet and don't talk for the rest of the lesson. "Hey Mads." Bells comes over to me. "Hey." I smile at her.

"Ready for volleyball tonight?" She asks. "Oh my god I have detention I'm gonna have to skip."

"You got a detention? Maddie she is gonna get so mad." "I know, just tell her I am doing something important."

"She isn't gonna believe that." She looks at me. I sigh. "I know. I will figure it out." "You better." She yells out as I turn the corner.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

"Okay you two get out whatever homework you have." My teacher instructs.

"I can't believe I am in detention right now." I grumble. "You think I wanna be here?" Harvey leans back in his chair.

I open my book. "Well, this was your fault." He gives me a frustrated smile. "It was yours for being so loud."

I just ignore him and read my book. The teacher walks out of the classroom and Harvey's head turns straight over to me.

"What you reading?" he asks. "Nothing you need to know about."

"Come on Mads." He sighs. "Just about this girl in high school and how her enemy annoys the shit out of her."

"Sounds a bit like us." He chuckles. "Apart from the bit where they fall in love." I add.

He smirks. "Yeah, that won't be happening." I open my maths and I already want to cry and scream.

Why is it so hard? I close it fast and lay my head in my arms.

"Maddie." Harvey says. "Shut up." I mumble.

"Maddie." His voice says more clearly.
I look up and he has moved closer.

"What?" I say brushing my hair out of the way. He smiles. "Nothing." And moves his chair back. 

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐘

I had a feeling inside me to make sure she was okay. "Maddie." I say to her knowing she would begin to get mad.

"Shut up." She muffles into her arms. "Maddie." I say again more desperate for her to answer.

"What?" She looks up and brushes her hair out of the way.

I feel myself smile. She is okay.

Why did I feel the need to make sure she is okay? "Nothing." I try to hide the smile on my face.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

I arrive home around 6pm and I can already feel myself getting nervous. I walk into the house my dad not in sight and plates smashed on the floor.

I immediately run to Liam and Gigi my younger sibling's rooms. I open the door and my mom is sitting with them on the bed.

I rush over. "What happened?" A tear rolls down my mom's cheek.

"I'm done." She mouths out. She wipes her tears and tucks the kids into bed.

She closes their door softly.

"Hi sweety, how was your day?" She puts on a smile. "Mom what happened?"

"Your father again." She sniffles. I pull her into a hug. "I'm sorry mom."

"I'm so sorry Harvey." She pulls out of the hug. "Mom don't be."

"I'm going to do it, I'm divorcing him." "I'm so proud of you mom."

She brushes my hair out of my face. "Thanks, sweety, get some rest, okay? I will clean up.

"I can help." I suggest. "Only if you want to." She grins. "Let's go." I put a hand on her back and lead her back downstairs.

My mom and dad have fought for a few years, but this past year he has gotten so violent.

My mom doesn't cook the right meal, he will get mad.

She hasn't ironed his clothes, he will get mad.

Forgot to clean the bathroom, he will get mad.

I am so fucking done with him. My mom should have dumbed his ass years ago. 

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

I feel so bad for Harvey it's horrible. Sorry this chapter is kinda quick. The Italy trip is coming up!! I hope you enjoyed