𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐘

I bounce the ball on the court waiting for coach to start already. But no, he is flirting with the other female p.e teacher.

They have been getting closer lately and it is fucking hilarious. 

My eyes trail to the volleyball team and Maddie isn't there. Seeing the tears in her eyes after she walked out of the bathroom made me worry about her. Could it be about me? 

I just can't tell her what happened.

After about 20 minutes of training I walk over to the bench to take a quick break scanning through my phone.

Maddie suddenly calls and I pick up immediately pressing the phone to my ear. 

"Hi I need help. Please. A guy, A guy I know he's here help me please." She sniffles

Fuck.

"Maddie where are you I am coming right now." I pick up my stuff and race out the door.

"Where the hell you think you going Beckett?" Coach asks and I ignore him. 

I hear some people call out my name but I just sprint out the door. 

"I don't know. I will send a pin. Please come quick I am scared." She says.

"I am coming stay on the phone with me." I fiddle with my car keys and open the door.

The phone goes silent for a second as I put in the pin. "Maddie you there?" I hear the worry laced in my voice.

"Yes." She says quietly.

The maps says 5 minutes I can be there in 2. 

I race down the street and I hear her cry into the phone. "He is coming closer Harvey." 

"Shit." I take a deep breath. "I am coming. I am a minute away." I turn the corner. 

"Please hurry." She sniffles. 

"I am on my way stay on the phone I am so close." I tell her when suddenly I see a red light and press down on the brakes. 

"Fuck." I slam my hands onto the wheel. 

As soon as it turns green I speed down the road.

I can't believe men could do this to women. She has already been through so much.

I see her pinned against the wall and I jump out of the car picking up the man by his shirt. 

I shove my fist into his face and he falls backwards.

"Don't fucking touch her you weak shit." I yell. 

I turn to Maddie who is still against the face tears flooding her eyes. I pull her into my chest and let her cry. 

I eye the man as he gets up and walks away. 

She holds onto me tightly. "Your safe I promise." I tell her and I could feel her cries slow down. 

She looks up at me and my hand goes to tuck her hair behind her eat but I put it back down. "Do you want me to take you home" 

"Yes please." She walks to the car and I open the door. 

Why was she here in the first place? 

If anything else happened fuck. It was lucky I was on my phone. I don't know what I would off done if I didn't answer that call. Knowing what could off happened to her.

The car ride is quiet and when we pull up to her driveway she goes to open the door letting out a small thank you.

"Maddie can we talk?" I ask. She shakes her head and sniffles. "No it's all good, I understand that girl is very pretty." 

What the fuck does she mean? Huh? 

"Maddie please just let me explain." 

"Its okay I understand." 

I watch Maddie walk to her front door and I feel my heart drop.

My mind non-stop races while I wait for her to open her door and walk in. 

Once the door shuts I drive out of the driveway when my mom calls me.

"Hey sweety how are you?" Her soft voice says. 

I have been distance but not for the reason Maddie thinks. Turns out that night when my mom left to go see my dad, he was taking all her money and trying to assault her. 

It stills haunts me seeing her pinned up against the wall looking like she faced defeat. 

I called the cops and got him fucking arrested finally. I feel relieve wash over me knowing my mom and siblings are safe. 

We have had to go to court once already and have to go again in a few days. That shit fucking stresses me out, but I am doing it for Liam and Gigi so they are safe.

I still need to talk to Maddie. But I understand she is having a rough day and I wouldn't want to push her. 

 ༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

It's the next day and I walk the halls searching for a particular someone. 

I see Maddie getting books from her locker and I rush over to her. "Hey Maddie." I smile and her face drops.

"Hi." She says dryly. "How are you?" I ask. "Fine." She looks down.

"Maddie can we talk?" I ask. She looks up at me and thinks for a second. "No sorry I have to um walk my phone." She turns from me.

Walk her phone? 

I see Olivia catch up to her and turn to me. She gives me a glare and loops her arm around Maddie's who leans her shoulder against hers. 

The fuck?

I just need her to listen to me for a second, so I can explain. 

Fuck. I hate seeing her upset. All I want is for her to be happy. 

This all must be a misunderstanding. I am not supposed to, but I can tell her about my dad. I just want her to understand they I did not mean to hurt her.

I fucking messed up. 

"Aye you alright their buddy?" Nate slaps me on the shoulder. "Yeah fine." I swallow and walk to the lunch area. 

I take a seat at the table and my gaze turns to Maddie as she takes a small peak at me.

Xander takes a seat with Avery. "Fucking finally where have you been?" Xander asks me. 

"Oh busy." I tell him. "Who's the girl?" Xander jokes. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask. "We have heard the rumors." Xander takes a bite of his food. 

"What fucking rumors?" I cross my arms. "You know, with Amy." Xander winks.

For fucks sake. I am not dating her.

"They are fake." I say quickly. "Sure bud." Xander chuckles. "They aren't fucking real." I snap at him and everyones heads pop up.

"Alright sorry." Xander puts his hands up and I feel someone's eyes on me. I look up and see Maddie staring at me with a puzzled look.

I need to fucking talk to her. I can explain everything, I need her, and I need to make sure she is okay.

 ༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

i need to walk my phone