𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

It's the day of the first round of finals for basketball. Our volleyball tournament is next week but today is 'Nates day' Olivia called it. She is sitting at my desk drawing his number on her cheek.

"Wanna draw Harvey's?" She teases. "Oh my god don't even." I throw a pillow at her.

I go with a pair of jeans a white fitted top with a leather jacket over the top and my beloved sambas.

It's two days past hair wash down so I need to stop with the dry shampoo and do a slick back. "I am going to look like an egg." I groan and use the brush to slick back my hair.

"Don't even bro you look great with a slick back." Olivia puts a blue-ribbon in.

I smile at her and she looks at me with the ribbon in her hands. "Wanna support and put this in your hair?" she asks me. "Why not." I walk on over and she ties it in my hair.

Once we arrive we take a seat near the front. (so it is easy access for Olivia to run to Nate)

Bella and Avery come walking over. "Hey." Bells comes and sits next to me. "Bro do you know how mad I am right now." Bella puts her foot up on the seat.

"What happened?" Olivia asks. "Mother fucking Italian guy blocked me."

"What the fuck." I gasp.

"yeah what a little shit." Avery rolls her eyes. "I really liked him too." She pouts.

"I'm sorry Bells it's his loss." I put an arm around her. "Yeah I know. I'm hot."

Before I could laugh, and loud buzzer goes off and all the players come running out. Olivia spots Nate and she cheers. I see Harvey coming out not nearly as enthusiastic as everyone else.

My mouth drops when I see a huge bruise sitting on his right cheek. "What the hell happened?" Avery looks at me confused.

"I don't know." I shrug.

They warm up by running up and down the court and doing passing drills. The girls are talking nonstop but I can't get that bruise out of my head. He looks sad.

It's the second time he has showed up with a bruise and I am worried for him.

I shudder when the freaking buzzer goes off again. Why is it so loud?

Harvey stands in the middle with the opposition team standing in front of him. A guy in black and white holds it between them.

I have no idea what this means.

He blows the whistle and throws the ball into the air. Harvey slaps it out and oh gosh why is it so violent.

Asher bounces it down the court and goes for a shot. "What a ball hogger" Olivia rolls her eyes. I see a smile appear on Harvey's face when he misses. "Embarrassing." He mouths and a laugh comes out of my mouth.

"Why are you laughing?" Olivia joins me. "Oh nothing." I smile.

The opposition team runs it down the court passes it to number 12 and goes for a shot and gets it in. "Oh shit." Avery mutters under her breath.

It's half time and everyone went to the canteen to go get food, but I decided to save our spots. Our team is winning by 2 points, and you know what basketball is kinda stressful.

I cross my legs and go on my phone and read while I wait for the girls to come back.

"Whatcha doing." Asher comes over is hair all sweaty. I look up from my phone. "Oh, just waiting for my friends to come back." I smile.

He flashes his bright white teeth and chuckles. "Yes I can see that."

"You're doing great by the way!" I fiddle with my bracelet.

"Thank you. You're cheering me on yeah?"

No.

"Yeah of course!" I laugh.

He scratches the back of his head. "Amazing I'll talk to you later." He winks and walks back down the steps onto the court.

I look back onto the basketball court and see Harvey staring right at me. I look at him and give him a puzzled look. He turns around quickly.

What the hell?

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

The siren goes off and the stadium erupts in screams and cheering. "We won!" Olivia cheers.

All the boys tumble on top of each other screaming and yelling. Olivia runs onto the court and Nate picks her up and spins her around. "We made it to the grannie baby!!!" Nate tells her.

Avery Bella and I walk onto the court where we see everyone yelling. "We fucking won!" Xander comes over smiling. "You did so good Xander." Avery smiles. "Thank you." He flashes a smile.

He walks off. "Ave what's up with you two?" I giggle. "Okay so we have kinda of been talking." Her cheeks turn a rosy pink. "But I don't know if I should ask him out." "Go for him Ave, he is pretty good looking." I nudge her in the shoulder and she laughs.

Olivia and Nate come over. "Congrats!" I tell him. "Thanks Maddie!" He smiles wrapping his arm around Liv.

I find myself searching for Harvey even though I know I shouldn't. He comes over is hair wet from sweat and a big bruise plastered on the side of his face.

He must see concerned face. "Someone decided to elbow me on accident." He explains. "Oh" I fake laugh. "Did you see me get that last goal in?" Harvey lifts his shirt up to wipe his sweat exposing his defined abs.

Oh shit.
He knew what he was doing.

He looks at my flustered face and lightly chuckles. "Yeah I did see." I bite my lip awkwardly.

"Are you coming to the celebration tonight?" Harvey asks me. "Yeah I reckon I will."

They are having some sort of party nothing too big just for the basketball team. Most of the volleyball players always go because we kinda support each other and are mostly friends. "I think it is a pool party this year." Harvey tells me.

"Oh alright." I see Olivia walking off. "I'll see you there, you stink go shower." I can hear him laugh and I can't help but smile.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

sorry this chapter was kinda a filler and kinda short im sorry

thank you for those messaging me that they have liked the book so far i love you all

also ima make like those college things at the start of the book so u can see what they look like their personalities and stuff bc why not

anyways tysm