Sliding In

Alexis woke at 11am the next morning, after sleeping for almost sixteen hours. She was amazed she had managed to sleep for that long, but figured her body had needed it. Feeling around for her phone, Alexis found it amongst the mess of blankets on her bed, scrolling through her notifications. One from Instagram stuck out in particular, as someone new had started following her.

landonorris started following you!

Alexis couldn't stop the small smile appearing on her face, scrolling through his page momentarily before also following him back. She flicked through her social media apps, replying back to a few messages she'd received, before finally leaving the bedroom.

The girl stumbled out into the hallway, in her pajama shorts and oversized hoodie. She winced as daylight hit her eyes, pulling up her hood to shield herself from it.

"What are you, a vampire or something?" Oscar chuckled as he noticed his sister.

Alexis mumbled something incoherent under her breath in response, trudging to the kitchen.

"Oh hey, Lex! Have a good sleep?" Lily smiled from where she was sat on one of the stools at the kitchen bench, laptop in front of her.

"Yeah, definitely." Alexis smiled back, before continuing to inspect the pantry and then the fridge, assessing her options.

"Did you want a coffee? I can make it for you." Lily suggested.

"I'd love one." Alexis replied gratefully.

Lily stood up and began to operate the coffee machine, as Oscar shouted from the couch, "Don't start doing these things for her Lily, she'll start expecting it from you!"

"And how is this any different to what I already do for you?" Lily teased.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Oscar's head appeared from behind the couch, frowning.

"It means, that if I didn't do all the groceries and cooking around here, you would definitely starve to death." Lily laughed, handing Alexis her coffee, the girl mouthing a silent 'thank you' in response.

Oscar immediately pouted and said, "I help sometimes."

"Yes, of course you do." Lily smiled as she sat beside him on the couch and playfully ruffled his hair.

Alexis stifled a laugh from the kitchen, as Oscar turned around to growl at her, "Don't you bloody start."

"I didn't say anything." Alexis defended, glancing at her phone as a notification appeared.

landonorris sent you a message!

landonorris