Family Secrets

——— AUTHOR'S NOTE ———

OKAY I didn't plan on having this chapter up so soon but after Lando's FIRST GRAND PRIX WIN in Miami on the weekend I had to publish it!

Literally cried tears of joy when I watched the race, I'm so happy for Lando and McLaren!

What makes it so much better is that he won it fair and square without a Max DNF. Lando was just the better driver with a great car and great strategy (and an amazingly timed safety car - thanks for ur sacrifice Logan x)

So sad about Oscar's race though, he really deserved better :((((( Carlos ily but count your mf'ing days bro

Enjoy this one guys x

———🏎️———

When Alexis and Lando finally reached Isabelle's apartment, he was cranky and overtired. He had completely shut down; barely talking and his face completely void of emotion. Alexis didn't take it personally, she knew he was severely jet-lagged and just needed a bit of rest.

She led him to Isabelle's spare bedroom, where he collapsed in a heap on top of the bed. He rolled from his stomach to his back, holding his arms out in the air.

"What?" Alexis asked with a small smile.

"Come here." Lando pouted.

Alexis folded her arms over her chest, leaning against the doorframe with a smirk. "Come here..."

"Don't make me say it." Lando groaned, his arms falling back down to his sides.

"Okay." Alexis shrugged, not budging from her spot.

Lando huffed, "Come here please."

"That's better." Alexis grinned victoriously, before she made her way over to the bed and laid down next to Lando.

He immediately wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, snuggling his head into her neck. Alexis chuckled at his actions, placing her arms around Lando, hands playing with his curls. He sighed contentedly, his grip on her tightening if that was even possible.

"Better now?" Alexis asked him.

"Much better." Lando mumbled into her neck.

She didn't respond, but settled into a comfortable silence with him, wrapping a little curl of Lando's around her finger before releasing it and moving on to another lock. Alexis continued doing this for some time, expecting to eventually hear his snores or feel his body go heavy to indicate he was asleep, but it never came.

Instead, Lando said quietly, "Al?"

"Yeah?" Alexis replied in the same hushed tone.

"I'm happy I'm here. With you."

"I'm happy too."

After that, it wasn't long before Lando nodded off, finally asleep. Alexis laid there wide awake, battling with her head and her heart. On one hand, she knew now of her feelings for the guy she had her arms around; she liked him. So much. She had to decide now whether to act on it and make her move, or whether she should protect herself and put her guard up. Of course, the latter was the safer option. It would save her the potential hurt and heartbreak if things didn't work out. But the opposite could be so magical.

Alexis didn't want to get her hopes up, but all signs led towards Lando having feelings for her too. The amount of time spent in close proximity, small gestures and quiet confessions; it all could only mean one thing. But, they needed to have the conversation and confirm it for themselves. She wondered what went on in his head, if he was thinking the same about her.