A Ghost From The Past

The next morning, Alexis, Isabelle and Erin were having breakfast in Isabelle's apartment when Alexis got a text from Lando.

Lan
just landed!!!
Lan
what you up to
today

Al
That's great!
Al
Think the girls and
I are gonna go for a
walk soon then grab
some Yo-Chi

Lan
what's yo-chi

Al
It's a frozen yoghurt
place

Lan
yum

Al
What have you got
planned today?

Lan
absolutely nothing

Al
Did you wanna meet
Isabelle and Erin? All
good if you need to
rest after your flight
though

Lan
no I'd love to

Al
You could come to
Belle's apartment
for dinner if you want
Al
Think she wants to do
some kind of game
night too
Al
Just warning you she's
very competitive though

Lan
haha that's fine
Lan
just let me know the
address and what time
to be there

———🏎️———

After the girls had gone for a walk around a park close to Isabelle's apartment, they got in the car and drove to Yo-Chi.

They joined the back of the line and waited patiently for their turn, discussing which flavour of frozen yoghurt and different toppings they were going to get. That was when Alexis felt a tap on her shoulder, and as she spun around it felt like her heart sunk into her chest. Isabelle and Erin watched as her face went as white as a ghost, their eyes following to who was stood behind them.

It was Alexis' ex, Tom.

Ever since their breakup right before Alexis decided to move overseas, they hadn't spoken. They both decided it would be for the best that they cut contact, in order for the both of them to heal and move on. Tom was hesitant to do this at first; he really thought he had a chance to win her back. But Alexis had her mind made up, and no one could change that.

"Alexis, hey. I thought it was you." Tom greeted, pulling her in for an extremely awkward side-hug.

"Oh, Tom. Hi." Alexis said uneasily, as he released her from his embrace.

"Long time no see, hey." Tom chuckled, before he said, "I saw on your Instagram you were back in town. I was actually hoping to run into you."

"Were you?" Alexis laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah. I'd love to grab a coffee with you or something while you're here, properly catch up, y'know." Tom suggested.

"Oh, I don't know... I don't think that'd be such a good idea." Alexis responded, uncomfortably shifting her weight between her feet.

"Why? Are you already seeing someone else or something?" Tom frowned.

"No, it's not that, I-" Alexis stopped herself, before she continued, "I just think it wouldn't be healthy. We're not together anymore, Tom. There's nothing really left for us to say to each other."

Tom looked defeated when she said this, but luckily for Alexis it was her turn to order. Isabelle and Erin were stood to the side with their frozen yoghurt, staying at a safe distance to give the pair some privacy but still close enough just in case they needed to intervene.