Unexpected Chauffeur

Alexis spent the next few days of her time in London either with Lily or on her own. She did more exploring around town, finding her favourite cafe to grab coffee before morning walks and her favourite new takeaway place that had the best pizzas.

Other than that she didn't do much other than roam around the flat, read books or watch tv shows or movies. Alexis was grateful for the down time, considering she'd spent the past few years hustling at university or her job, but the novelty had now worn off.

God, she was so bored.

Especially now that Lily had gone to Bahrain and she was in the flat alone, the girl was craving company and something to do. It didn't help that she hadn't gone out and made friends on her own; all of the people she'd met were through her brother, and they were either in Bahrain or busy with their own careers.

Alexis did message Lily, Alex's girlfriend, but she was busy prepping for an upcoming golf tournament and wasn't free, but promised a catch up when her schedule allowed it. She also called her parents, as well as Isabelle and Erin back home; which didn't help how homesick and alone she felt at the moment.

It was only when Lando texted her that her spirits lifted a little bit.

Norris
keen to come to
Bahrain?
Norris
you get here
tomorrow right?

Al
Yeah!
Al
Currently losing my
mind, I'm so bored
and alone here right
now

Norris
that sucks, I'm
sorry Al
Norris
if it helps we've been
slammed with work
here with media,
driving or meetings
so it hasn't been
much fun

Al
I bet! How's pre
season been treating
you?

Norris
intense
Norris
just keen to get out
on the track now
for the first race

Al
That's good, I'm
glad
Al
Oscar been behaving?

Norris
yeah he's actually fit
in so well though
Norris
he's very professional

Al
So the opposite of
you then?

Norris
ha very funny
Norris
I'll have you know
I can be professional
Norris
sometimes

Al
I'll believe that when
I see it Norris

Norris
well lucky for you
you'll get to see it
up close this weekend

———🏎️———

Alexis sat in a tiny middle seat in economy on the flight from London to Bahrain. The passenger in the window seat next to her was constantly getting up to use the bathroom, so she couldn't even get comfortable or rest her eyes throughout the entire flight. When the plane eventually landed, Alexis almost cried tears of joy because it meant she was free.

Once she had gone through customs and collected her bag, Alexis walked through the Arrivals area of the airport, confused when Oscar was nowhere to be found. They'd previously arranged for him to pick her up, because it was a Thursday night he was sure to be done with media for the day. Sighing and pulling out her phone to text him, she was interrupted by someone clearing their throat in front of her.

Alexis looked up to Lando stood before her, in a matching hoodie and shorts set, hood pulled up covering his face. Lando watched her face go through a range of emotions; surprised, to confused, to relieved, then back to confused again.