One Last Hurrah

Over the next couple days, Alexis' brain was only filled with thoughts of Lando. How they'd managed to become so close within such a short span of time baffled her. Typically, it took the girl a long time to open up and let someone in, especially a man, yet Lando was breaking down all of her barriers.

She kept going back to that moment after dinner at his place, when they were so close to one another. If Max hadn't of walked in, what would have happened? Would they have kissed? Alexis' stomach erupted with butterflies just at the mere thought of that.

What made her butterflies even worse, however, was the fact that Alexis was currently getting ready for a night out on the town with Lando, Oscar and a few others.

Oscar had told her about it the previous day; a few of the other F1 drivers and Lando's mates were all going out one last time before the 2023 season was to begin. They all wanted to celebrate and party before they had to get serious and focus on the task at hand.

Lily unfortunately couldn't make it because she had an important assignment for university due and wanted to focus all of her attention on that, which meant that Alexis was going into the night only knowing Oscar and Lando. She had of course met Max briefly when she was at Lando's house, but the fact she was going out with mostly strangers made her slightly nervous. She didn't want to have to hang off of Oscar and Lando the whole night, forcing them to practically babysit her.

Alexis did wonder if she should just cancel and stay in, but then told herself that she didn't move to the other side of the world to just live inside the flat; she had to push herself out of her comfort zone and try new things.

So, in her best little black dress and heels, Alexis joined her brother in waiting downstairs for the private car to pick them up to take them to club, shivering as her outfit wasn't the most practical choice for waiting out in the cold.

"I told ya you should've brought a jacket." Oscar mumbled.

"Shut up." Alexis muttered, her teeth almost chattering. She crossed her arms over her chest, in an attempt to provide herself with some warmth.

"Don't ask me to give you mine then!" Oscar responded.

"I won't." Alexis smiled sarcastically at him, as he only rolled his eyes at her in response.

Luckily for the girl, a black van pulled up, the door to the back opening to Alex Albon beckoning them in.

"Hey, you guys! Get in!" Alex waved, as Oscar and Alexis clambered into the vehicle.

Once the door was closed again, Oscar took a seat, the only open spot left for Alexis being next to Lando. Naturally. Before Alexis could get to her seat however, the driver took off, causing her to fall right onto Lando's lap.

Lando's hands immediately went to Alexis' hips to steady her, her face scarlet red. None of the others in the van seemed to take notice, or even care, but it didn't make her feel any less embarrassed. She could feel his hot breath on the back of her neck, as he leaned in to whisper in her ear, "If you wanted to sit on me, all you had to do was ask."

With that Alexis couldn't have moved faster to get herself off of Lando's lap and to the vacant seat next to him, her skin burning where his hands were touching her mere seconds ago. His cheeks were also very flushed, not expecting the intimate contact. Once he got a better look at her as she sat next to him, his jaw almost dropped. She looked so good; Lando felt drunk just looking at her.

"That was an accident and you know it was, Norris."

Lando shrugged, "I still enjoyed it."

This was boy was literally going to be the death of her.