Home Again

After brunch, the tiredness washed over Alexis like a tidal wave; the result of all the travelling and emotions of seeing her best friend again after so long. Isabelle told the girl to go take a nap, as she'd need as much sleep as she could get before they went out later that night.

Alexis crashed onto the bed in Isabelle's spare bedroom, not even bothering to get under the covers before sleep succumbed her. She didn't know how long she'd been asleep for before she was abruptly woken by people jumping on her bed.

Opening her eyes, she saw Isabelle and Erin bouncing around her, shouting at her to wake up. It took a few seconds for Alexis to register, but once she saw Erin there, she leaped up and tackled Erin down onto the bed in a hug, Isabelle joining them by leaping on top of them.

"Oh my God, Erin!" Alexis squeezed the life out her in the embrace.

"Can't. Breathe. Lex." Erin wheezed out, Alexis finally letting her go.

"I missed you." Alexis grinned.

"I missed you too." Erin smiled, "Now get your ass up! We're going out!"

"Yes ma'am!" Alexis saluted.

The girls all sat cross-legged in front of the mirror in Isabelle's bedroom, as they all got to work on their makeup. They shared products and tips and tricks, helping one another out with eyeshadow or hair. Isabelle had a playlist blaring from her speaker, a Dom Dolla song playing out.

Alexis had missed this. It felt like peak girlhood, and she loved it. Getting ready for a night out with your best friends was one of the best feelings in the world; picking out outfits and sharing drinks, singing along to songs and chatting absolute nonsense.

Once they were ready, Isabelle brought out a bottle of tequila.

"Belle, no." Alexis grimaced, remembering the last night they had tequila. It ended up with her head in a toilet bowl, so she was immediately scared.

"C'mon! Don't be a pussy. Just one shot." Isabelle was already unscrewing the lid of the bottle, and grabbing three shot glasses.

"Yeah, Lex. One shot can't hurt you." Erin encouraged.

Alexis was holding the shot in her hand as she said, "You're both terrible influences."

"That's why you love us." Erin grinned.

They all downed the shot, Alexis immediately screwing up her face as the tequila burned her throat. Isabelle and Erin seemed absolutely fine, as Isabelle was already pouring another one for each of them. And that's when Alexis knew she was going to be in for a big night.

———🏎️———

The three girls were inside a club in St Kilda, drunkenly dancing to the music that blared throughout the room. The bass practically vibrated their bones, as the crowd swayed around them.

The Melbourne night life was always good, and tonight was no exception. On a warm Friday night near the beach, the energy was high and the place was packed. Alexis was surprised the line wasn't longer to get in when they got here, but she assumed they'd just gotten lucky because now the venue was most definitely at capacity; the line wrapping around the side of the building.

As Alexis and Isabelle danced, they realised Erin hadn't come back from the bar, and it had been a long time since she'd left. Alexis signalled to Isabelle to leave the dance floor, as they regrouped in the hallway which was a lot quieter, and easier to talk.

"Where's Ez?" Alexis asked.

Isabelle shrugged, "I haven't seen her in ages! Wasn't she getting drinks?"