Couch Cuddles

Soon, it was lights out and the cars were racing in the 2023 Bahrain Grand Prix. Oscar made a really good start, moving up as far as P8, until he had to retire the car on Lap 13 with electrical issues. Alexis and Lily both shared a look as they heard it over the radio, their hearts breaking. He had such good momentum and was doing brilliantly, Alexis couldn't help but wonder what could have been if the car performed better.

Lando, who was still in the race, wasn't doing very well. He dropped a lot of spots at the beginning of the race, even as far as P18. He managed to pick up the pace and gain a few positions, until a horrendous pit stop sent him barrelling back down the order. After an incredulous six pit stops for the entire race, everything the McLaren team were trying just wasn't enough for Lando to perform in the race. He ended on P17; the last of the drivers who hadn't retired.

Alexis, Oscar and Lily left the track fairly early, immediately after his media duties were finished. Oscar was quiet, not really in the mood to chat. Alexis and Lily tried their best to comfort him and reassure him that the result wasn't his fault, but nothing they could say would help. There was a lot of pressure for him to perform in his first race as an F1 rookie, and it really couldn't have gone worse for him.

Alexis was thinking of Lando, and how awful he must be feeling from his race too. It really wasn't a good day out for McLaren as a whole, and the entire team was feeling it. The only thing they could do was throw themselves into preparing for their next race in Saudi Arabia.

Despite not quite feeling up to it, Oscar agreed to going out for a late dinner with Alexis and Lily. He didn't want the disappointment of today to ruin the girls' time in Bahrain, even after they both insisted many times they didn't have to do anything, and could just order room service. That was what Alexis loved about her brother though, he was always so selfless and put others first constantly.

They later met down in the hotel reception, not walking too far before they found a nice place to eat. Throughout their dinner Oscar's mood lifted slightly, Alexis and Lily doing a great job in taking his mind off of the events of today and letting him enjoy their last night in Bahrain.

alexis_piastri has posted!

🔘⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️