Start Your Engines

When Alexis and Oscar got back to the flat, Lily was already home from her university lecture, snuggled up on the couch with her laptop. She was typing away furiously as they walked in, her face brightening once she saw Oscar.

"Hey, you guys! How was today? I'm so upset I had to miss it." Lily greeted them.

Oscar plopped onto the couch next to her in a heap, resting his head on her shoulder. "Was actually alright."

"Yeah, I had a lot of fun. Thanks for coming with me, Osc." Alexis smiled.

"Sure, no worries."

Alexis decided to leave the pair to have some alone time, heading to her bedroom and shutting the door behind her. She fell onto the bed and laid on her stomach, unlocking her phone as she saw a new message pop up.

landonorris has sent you a message!

Alexis couldn't help but grin, as she opened it to see he'd replied back to her latest post. She rolled over onto her back, holding the phone in front of her face, as she started to reply to his message.

landonorris
you know if you
wanted a tour guide
to take you around
town you could've
just asked me

alexis_piastri
Why would I do that
when I have my
brother who can do it?

landonorris
mate he doesn't know
shit about London, he's
not a local. I am

alexis_piastri
Ha! He's been living
here long enough he's
basically a local

landonorris
why are you so set
on not hanging out
with me?

alexis_piastri
Because I don't know
you Norris

landonorris
then get to know me
landonorris
I don't bite
landonorris
much 😉

alexis_piastri
Now that scares me

———🏎️———

The following day, Alexis was woken up by her brother standing beside her bed. Opening her eyes, she almost hit the roof when she jumped and saw him standing there with a blank look on his face.

"Oscar! What the fuck are you doing?!" Alexis hissed, sitting up in bed and holding her hand to her chest to settle her rapidly beating heart.

"Was trying to wake you." Oscar shrugged, seeming unphased by it all.

"What is wrong with you?" Alexis asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

Ignoring her question, Oscar instead asked, "Do you have anything on today?"

"Nah. Why?"

"Wanna come karting with us today?"

"Who's us?"

"Lando and I, Lily too."

Lando.

Alexis' heart all of a sudden began racing once more, but not because she'd been scared by her brother again. She then began to wonder if she did want to see the driver again, if she'd enjoy his company, if he'd try flirting with her again.